Agent Remembered me. Good or Bad?

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
It's scary anyway.

I queried an agent by email yesterday and she just mailed me for a partial. In the mail she said she remembered another submission I'd made to her a while back.

She rejected the full on first query last October, and I'm amazed she would remember me when I queried another project. I can only hope that the original query came close. And I'm sure hoping this new one will hit the mark.

Maybe it was my bio she remembered.

Anyone else found that an agent remembered them?

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I figure it MUST be good, given that she asked for a partial. So hey, that works! Good luck with the submission!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
This happened to me recently. The agent remembered me from my last submission and requested a full. The verdict is still out :)

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Yeah, I doubt that means, "Oh, I remember you! You stink. Send me a partial." :)

Hehe, exactly!

I actually had an agent remember me once and I was very impressed. I had a new e-mail address, was sending her a project in a different genre, and had moved to a different state in the interim. And she STILL remembered me! And in both cases we nevre got past the first five pages so I was totally impressed.:)

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
She may have remembered, or she may have searched her email for your name.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm glad I'm not the only one with such an experience. I still have finger and toes crossed.