You know your life's f'd up when...

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
You only sleep 3 hours in one night and then hate yourself for sleeping too much.

You feel bloated when you get to eat 2 meals a day for more than 3 days in a row.

Your dog takes five minutes to recognize you when you arrive home 'cause you're never there.

Your mom wants to charge you for the hotel service 'cause you only get home to sleep and shower.

You suddenly realize you haven't seen or known anything about your brother in a week even though both of you live at the same house.

It's 3 am and all your friends are online in messenger... doing homework just like you.

These are indicators that you are, indeed, a student in my school. Every single person I know experiences most of these most of the time.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
you're happy you get $5 for an acceptance.

going to winn-dixie (supermarket) is the highlight of your day.

you're so lonely you're happy to talk to a telemarketer.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
you schedule an orgy with victoria secret models the same day you were supposed to be sleeping with some playmates of the month!

:eek:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
wait..

you know what?

i should just combine the two groups.

thank God it wasnt the pets of the month and playmates.

those two never get along in bed.

phew.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You go to the welfare office to pick up your check, and swing into the restroom to take a pregnancy test to see if you're pregnant by your new boyfriend whom you've only known for 3 weeks...and hope it's positive.

(This did not happen to me...but it did happen to someone I know...I told her she needed to rethink the direction of her life.)

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
I think that woman is my patient!

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Thanks guys.

My life ROCKS!!! Really - it really really does. I love my life. Love my family. Love my husband. Love my job. Love my house. Love where I live. Love what I have done in my life up till now and love that I have some great plans for the future. Love it love it love it love it. Love that within the next week or two I'm about to bring another life into this fantastic world.

Thanks for reminding me how great I have it.

Hugs. Now go make your life great. You can. You have full control. You can do absolutely anything you want to do. Anything. Decide what you want, make a plan, put that plan into action and do it.

More hugs.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'm going to puke. (just joking) My life will be really great when a.) I'm dead b.) my kids stop soaking me for the buck c.) I'm back in the EU writing another novel

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
my parents are forcing me to give up the best thing that's ever happened to me (my school, not drugs)

which means, in turn, i'm leaving my best friend who i'm in love with (he doesn't know it, yet)

to go to a public school where students are forced to fit molds that i don't fit into

even though no one believes me that i'm different from the normal teenager

also, going to the public school means i have to take three or four year-long courses during my summer break

and i'm leaving my sanity behind.

kill me. please.
:( d and f.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
my parents are forcing me to give up the best thing that's ever happened to me (my school, not drugs)

which means, in turn, i'm leaving my best friend who i'm in love with (he doesn't know it, yet)

to go to a public school where students are forced to fit molds that i don't fit into

even though no one believes me that i'm different from the normal teenager

also, going to the public school means i have to take three or four year-long courses during my summer break

and i'm leaving my sanity behind.

kill me. please.
:( d and f.
Public school doesn't try to make you fill a mold. That's a private school. Public schools pack a bunch of kids in to one building, hand out assignments, and pray they don't kill each other.

It's actually not that bad. Well, at least, mine wasn't. I still left, though, because the education usually sucks and I don't like large groups of people unless I'm smashing their heads together while in a sweaty mosh pit and getting my eardrums blasted out by an amp.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Public school doesn't try to make you fill a mold. That's a private school. Public schools pack a bunch of kids in to one building, hand out assignments, and pray they don't kill each other.
OMG! That's what they do when you go to jail. What's the chances that jail and public school having the same academic standards?

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
OMG! That's what they do when you go to jail. What's the chances that jail and public school having the same academic standards?
They do. How do you think those guys get into jail in the first place? They have to finish highschool first. :D

I ebt the food tastes the same, too. Do people smoke in the bathrooms in jail, Spooks?

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Public school doesn't try to make you fill a mold. That's a private school.

oh no. oh, you're going to wish you didn't say that. my private school is the best thing that every happened to me. you know why? because i can be myself. no one gives a flying fuck if you play guitar/write comics/draw/paint in class because they don't make you fill a mold. i could have chosen to be in a rock band on fridays. instead, i chose to rock climb. but if you didn't want to do either, you could do drama, painting, creative writing, drawing, song writing, vocal, or an independent study of your choice.

my private school does not make me fill a mold and after going to public school for nine years of my life before it, i can say it does make you fit a mold of a bitch who talks behind peoples' backs, wears pounds of makeup, can't run a mile, eats one meal a day, spends class talking on her cell phone, and doesn't give a flying fuck that people in other countries are dying.

i love my private school more than anything else in the world. for christ's sake, we go on a week-long backpacking trip in the beginning of the year, a week-long trip rockclimbing or kayaking, a month-long trip to out of the country, and a week-long river trip.

my private school does not make me fit into a mold!

:rant:d and f.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
oh no. oh, you're going to wish you didn't say that. my private school is the best thing that every happened to me. you know why? because i can be myself. no one gives a flying fuck if you play guitar/write comics/draw/paint in class because they don't make you fill a mold. i could have chosen to be in a rock band on fridays. instead, i chose to rock climb. but if you didn't want to do either, you could do drama, painting, creative writing, drawing, song writing, vocal, or an independent study of your choice.

my private school does not make me fill a mold and after going to public school for nine years of my life before it, i can say it does make you fit a mold of a bitch who talks behind peoples' backs, wears pounds of makeup, can't run a mile, eats one meal a day, spends class talking on her cell phone, and doesn't give a flying fuck that people in other countries are dying.

i love my private school more than anything else in the world. for christ's sake, we go on a week-long backpacking trip in the beginning of the year, a week-long trip rockclimbing or kayaking, a month-long trip to out of the country, and a week-long river trip.

my private school does not make me fit into a mold!

:rant:d and f.
You're lucky to go to that school. I went to, and quit, 2 private schools in my life, and have associated with 10 or more. The ones I saw were pretty much control centers. In a way, I suppose they encouraged artist achievement a little more than public schools (where they don't give a damn what you do, so long as you don't bust someone's face in), but they pretty much used that to cover up the facts that they were small-scale megalomaniacs.

You weren't allowed to contradict their teachings, you weren't allowed to wear anything that wasn't strictly to the uniform (I took off a sock to crack my toes and 4 teachers dragged me to the office and I was suspended for 3 days), and while you could play any instrument in the school, you weren't allowed to do anything outside of it. Piano? Good, keep playing. Clarinet? Keep playing, it's beautiful. I requested to bring in my drumset. They looked at me strangely, but agreed to it, so long as I played softly. I said okay, and I did play softly. But, what I play falls into the category of rock music, no matter how quietly it's played. They flipped out, and confiscated the drumset which I payed for.

Once, a friend of mine (who was very blessed in the chest area) unbuttoned the very top button of her shirt. It was probably only about 3 inches away from her collar bone. and not inappropriate in the least, but because she was so well endowed, she was expelled. It was 97 degrees that day.

The Christian school I went to taught religion class. One of the first things they said was, "Feel free to debate. God gave us free will and free minds, and I'm sure He encourages debates for the sake of learning about His teachings on a more personal level." So, I said, "Okay, I won't try to rebel what's taught here, but I do have a simple question- why don't we consider evolution to be God's artwork? Why is it so hard to believe that something that divine can't use something as complex as science to construct the world around us?" They yelled at me for the rest of the day for exposing the other students to blasphemy, an unholy state of mind, and told me I was far to radical to continue attending that school (Mind you, this was before my handful of piercings, a tattoo, and funky hair).

It is clear to see why I'm not a fan of private schooling. While I understand that opinions are subjective and circumstantial, I can say, with a fair amount if confidence, that public schools are generally more lenient than private schools. It's wonderful that you can be yourself and express yourself at the school you go to. Personally, I'm jealous that you had the luck to experience such a place. But, I was personally much happier at a public school, where I could wear what I wanted, play what I wanted, pierce and tattoo whatever and whoever I wanted, and the only thing the teachers cared about was whether you got your work done and passed. There were many teachers who genuinely cared about the students and worked hard to perpetuate their achievments, motivation, and education (something I noticed was much more prominent at a private school than in public schools), so the students' value is not overlooked.

To me, public school resembles more freedom (though not quite enough for me. I still ended up ditching the whole institution).

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I apologize if any offense was taken. If you sincerely want to attend this private school, the first thing you should consider if your parent's money situation. From my knowledge, private schools ask for a pretty penny. You'r parents might be slowly flowing towards Money Shit Creek, and that's why they want you to attend. It seems that one of your main reasons for staying in the environment your in is to be in a place you like and be with the person you like. If you have to leave it, suck it up, get all your friends' numbers, and surprise the boy with a nice juicy kiss.

If I'm wrong and your parent's are just pigheads, and for some reason are trying to hold you away from the educational style of your preference, then fight with all your might. Many parents don't have this motive, but I know these kinds of people do exist. If this is the case, then fight with all your might. If your parents are dicks, you don't have to suffer under their hand, even if you only have a few years of school left. You deserve the right to enjoy yourself and feed your mind in the place of your own choice.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Do people smoke in the bathrooms in jail, Spooks?
Research stuff here. There are a lot of misinformation about going through the jail system. First of all, in Arizona, they don't do cavity searches anymore. Nope. You pass through an ex-ray device which checks for foreign objects.

Food sucks. No three squares a day. Bread and some other shit for breakfast.

Dinner surprise. Yummy!

Lock down -- that's when the confine us to our cells (bunks).

Lingo -- changed a lot (white folks are called "woods")

Smoking is forbidden in Maricopa County jails.

Don't stare still applies.

Be a bad ass helps. If you are a wimp then it is best to pay for protection. Pick the biggest badass around and make sure he has his weekly "commissary" bag of food.

No forks.

No knives.

Plastic spoon.

Be prepared to eat food they wouldn't serve POW's in Vietnam.

Be prepared to fight, anyone, for any reason.

Don't back talk the Detention Officers (DO).

Don't forget to write home because jail is scary and dangerous.

:D

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
umm... never?

if you live thorugh enough f#&k-ups, one good day it dawns on you that each and all of them were necessary and even veryvery useful. that life cannot be f#&ked up -- it's a journey of discovery with twists and turns, tears and laughter, heartbreak and ecstasy. you're on quest for the holly grail... running circles around yourself playing hide&seek, propelled by two simple unknowns: who am I? why am I here?

if anyone gets the answers, give us a shout, ye hear? :D

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Lingo -- changed a lot (white folks are called "woods")
Woods, huh? I lost that bet.

Spooky said:
Don't stare still applies.
Dur, you're in prison. I wouldn't even stare at the bugs.

Spooky said:
No forks.

No knives.

Plastic spoon.
Too bad they don't allow smoking. You could make a decent shank with a lighter and a plastic spoon, and it won't be detected by any metal detectors.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
umm... never?

if you live thorugh enough f#&k-ups, one good day it dawns on you that each and all of them were necessary and even veryvery useful. that life cannot be f#&ked up -- it's a journey of discovery with twists and turns, tears and laughter, heartbreak and ecstasy. you're on quest for the holly grail... running circles around yourself playing hide&seek, propelled by two simple unknowns: who am I? why am I here?

if anyone gets the answers, give us a shout, ye hear? :D
Okie dokey.