Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly, Angry Mob

Darkedge

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I'll give a review for an amazing album by the fairly new band the Kaiser Chiefs. "Yours Truly, Angry Mob" is their second album, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys music by the likes of the Arctic Monkeys (who also have a second CD coming out in a few weeks), Cold War Kids, or the Silversun Pickups. On the slightly harder side of alternative rock, they combine straight up but mostly simple guitar riffs and effects with background synth noises. Led by the lead singer Ricky Wilson, this band from Leeds, in England, is energetic when live, and provides a great listen to if you just have the CD. Andrew "Whitey" White provides driving guitar riffs that often define the songs. Simon Rix backs up the band with powerful basslines that help give the songs their backbone. Nick Hodgson, the drummer is skilled and energetic, and also gives backing vocals on most songs, usually as falsettos. Finally, Nick Baines, known as "Peanut" provides perfectly matching piano melodies, while also sometimes producing synth sounds that help make the songs so likeable.

All in all, I give the sophomore album of the Kaiser Chiefs a 9/10, and would say that for anyone who likes some of the above mentioned bands, or other rock or harder alt rock bands that this is definately a good buy.

--Dark//Edge

Last edited: