Pelosi, Lantos may be interested in diplomatic trip to Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
If congress is taking over foreign policy, does that mean Bush now gets to advise and consent on his own nominations?

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Pelosi isn't going to Iran. Lantos suggested he's interested in going. Not Pelosi.

“The Speaker has no intention of going to Iran.
“She has great respect for Mr. Lantos, who is the only Holocaust survivor in the Congress and a staunch supporter of Israel, and who would like to go to begin a dialogue there, as the bipartisan Iraq Study Group recommended.”

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/horsesmouth/2007/04/sorry_wingnuts.php

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Bush shouldn't even get to use the remote control on the TV in his bedroom anymore.

The man should have no authority in any matter of importance.

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
If congress is taking over foreign policy, does that mean Bush now gets to advise and consent on his own nominations?
It’s a brave new world! The glass/marble/concrete ceiling has been broached by Nancy Pelosi (forget what other women did) and the sky’s the limit.

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Bush shouldn't even get to use the remote control on the TV in his bedroom anymore.

The man should have no authority in any matter of importance.
Can I safely assume you don’t like Bush?

Reaction score

You stole that from Dennis Miller. Well, maybe you were just inspired.

"Reagan is 76 years old and has access to the button. My grandfather is 76 and we don't let him have access to the remote control."

Reaction score
Pelosi is an absolute mess so far IMO. And the rest of the country is catching on. As I predicted.

Under withering assault from Republicans, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has seen her approval rating suffer its first significant drop in her brief tenure wielding the gavel, according to a new independent poll.

While she still remains more popular than President Bush, Pelosi's job approval rating dropped to 46 percent, according to an AP-Ipsos poll conducted in the middle of last week. Her disapproval rating climbed up to 44 percent, which is a sizeable shift from mid-January when the same poll had Pelosi's approval-disapproval rating at 51-35.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
she's been great.

i heart pelosi.

thank you

Reaction score
she's been great.

i heart pelosi.

thank you

She's a train wreck.

In way over her head.

The more I hear her speak, the more she reminds me of a train wreck in way over her head.

Hillary has a sense of power and resolve.

Condi does.

Feinstein.

Pelosi reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore.

pelosi.jpg

This is the moment I knew we had big problems with this woman separate from her political views.

powerful_pelosi.jpg

Last edited:

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
“This is a direct statement.” From a politician, boy I can take that to the bank!

But seeing as how the original story came from her not disagreeing with Lantos's assertion that she might want to go -- and there's no detail on whether a reporter even asked her a follow-up question -- you're left with A) a direct statement saying she's not going vs. B) speculation that was not denied or clarified until she was asked, in which case she gave you A.

Therefore, you'd have to come back around to A - that she has no intention to go. Otherwise, why not just make up whatever shit you want?

McDuff

Registered
Reaction score
Butbut... making up shit about folk is fun!

You take away all my toys, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.