PDA

View Full Version : Blood Ties -- who's watching this?

Leva
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I have to say, I am extremely impressed by the first several eps. Last weekend's was hysterically funny ... They've caught the tone of the books nicely, something I didn't think was quite possible, given most of the humor in the books is third person omniscient ...

(Well, the eps have all been impressive except for the teddy bear ep ... the teddy bear ep needed to go out an airlock for multiple reasons. But I'll give the show a pass for one bad ep given the quality of the others. And it was still a more watchable ep than some of the howlingly bad episodes that a few of my other favorite shows, like Buffy or X-files, have come up with over the years.)

Shadow_Ferret
04-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I started a thread on this when the show first premiered. It's around here someplace. Now where did I put that?

Oh, it's in my other jacket.

Anyway, I've been watching and I've really been enjoying it as the characters all develop and the story between the three MCs gets more complicated.

That said, I've never read anything by Tanya Huff.

Which was the teddy bear episode?

MidnightMuse
04-11-2007, 02:15 AM
I saw that other jacket - something about cheesy dialog but the actress was fine? ? ?

I tried on Dresden Files and - while I don't read the books - I did fall in lust with Paul Blackthorne - so it goes both ways :D

I haven't seen this one, though. Carry on.

Shadow_Ferret
04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, Blood Ties has TWO male leads. Not sure how they rate with the ladies, to me their both a little too male model handsome, if you know what I mean.

But she was looking nice in this last episode with tight tops and jeans and outshining all the female "Desperate Housewives" that were in this episode. :D

MidnightMuse
04-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, Blood Ties has TWO male leads. Not sure how they rate with the ladies, to me their both a little too male model handsome, if you know what I mean.

Well, I can't speak for all ladies - but I like my guys a little more "average Joe" looking :)