Status
Not open for further replies.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
You know, with all the flouncing, pouting, foot stomping and tantrum throwing we see here at AW, I thought I'd do something helpful for a change and offer those of you who are about to quit AW a hand. Rather than having to come up with your own Brave Exit Speech, feel free to choose one of these handy-dandy pre-made templates to suit your purpose. Simply Cut'n'Paste the one that's right for you!

1. You're All Mean!
I can't believe you guys are such poo heads! Quit picking on me! That's it, I'm never coming back! I hate you!

2. I'm Far Too Good To Post Here
Yeah, that's right, you heard me. I'm a way better writer than any of you will EVER be, so I'm not wasting any more time here. Losers.

3. Negativity Makes Baby Kittens Cry
I can't be around you people any more. Every time I log on, which is about forty-seven times each day, I see people spreading hurtful and unkind things. Why can't we all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya? We're supposed to support other writers, not be negative. I'm so depressed, I'm leaving now.

4. No One Likes My Writing, So I'm Outta Here
I posted a 47,000 word extract on SYW in a 8-point font, and not a single damn one of you has had anything to say, except for one guy who said he'd read it later and never did even though that was yesterday and he shoulda had time to look at it by now, and since you all SAY to share your work but then you never read what people post so I think you're all a bunch of poser a$$hole wannabes! Nyah!!

5. The Lurkers Love Me In Email
Look, I posted my opinions in that one thread in TIO, and you're all being so freakin' CRITICAL, but I've gotten a bunch of emails from people who tell me I'm the one who's right. Can I help it if this is like high school and there's a bunch of cliques where the popular people stick up for each other? Huh? Huh?

6. Logical Fallacies
You're all a bunch of Nazis.

7. It's Haskins' Fault
william haskins is mean to me and the moderators let him say bad things and he doesn't even use capital letters and how come no one ever bans the mean people?!?!?!?!?

8. Expletives and Spelling Errors Abound
[deleted]

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the good folks at Patti's House of Grand Indifference.

Please feel free to add your own Brave Exit Speech template, as a way of saying "I care!"

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Lock and sticky, please.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
This should probably go in the FAQs.

Maybe as a sticky.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Footnote:

You look really, really stupid when you flounce and then we all see your little green light on when you come back to see what's being said about your aformentioned flounce.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know, Terri...I see an awful lot of #8 around here too. :) It would be my first choice...

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Footnote:

You look really, really stupid when you flounce and then we all see your little green light on when you come back to see what's being said about your aformentioned flounce.

Indeed. Maybe we should include a "check the box" system, where people can click:

___ I'm saying I'm gone, but I'll be lurking and watching

___ I'm saying I'm gone, but I'll come back and whine if someone says anything about me

___ I'm saying I'm gone and I mean it... kinda. Not really.

___ I'm saying I'm gone, and it's Haskins' fault

___ Orlando Bloom!

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Patti it is so nice to know there are helpful caring people around these boards who are dedicated to helping others.

Your helpful exit templates are just another useful option available at AW. Thanks for caring.

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
I'm keeping these in a Word file for future use. I feel you all have been a little mean lately, so if it gets any worse or I get my book self-published or if becume a rich and famuss auther with no need for u anymore, I'm outta here. Orlando Bloom!

And because I'm always extra-careful ---> ;)

ltd.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
okay im going to be a bit serious here:

i think part of the problem with message boards is that people use them as an alternative to getting proper mental health treatment and/or as a substitute for everyday family and friends.

i mean, sure we might care about certain people on here more than others, but for the most part, we're pretty anonymous - i would even say, that we're pretty insignificant in each others' lives.

therefore, it's unfair to assume that the hundreds of people who post regularly are going to recognize that you're having a mental breakdown, let alone, really care.

we might empathize, but chances are, itll be on a fairly superficial level.

at the end of the day, you should really just have a face to face conversation with someone about the underlining issues.

thank you

Last edited:

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Can someone help me with my underlining issues?

I mean, face to face or something?

Ooh. I am so mean. I have been hanging out here too long. I'm leaving! See what you've done to me?

ltd.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
okay im going to be a bit serious here:

i think part of the problem with message boards is that people use them as an alternative to getting proper mental health treatment and/or as a substitute for everyday family and friends.

i mean, sure we might care about certain people on here more than others, but for the most part, we're pretty anonymous - i would even say, that we're pretty insignificant in each others' lives.

therefore, it's unfair to assume that the hundreds of people who post regularly are going to recognize that you're having a mental breakdown, let alone, really care.

we might empathize, but chances are, itll be on a fairly superficial level.

at the end of the day, you should really just have a face to face conversation with someone about the underlining issues.

thank you

What! That sucks Bravo. Some of us feel different. This is a real community.

I think what you just said is only an opinion about a message board.

Reaction score
All of the above would be good, but make sure some easy words are mis-spelled, with a few more direct insults, naming names, slagging off the mods, accusations of arse-lickery and the like.

Oh, and what about "MacAllister has her favourites! Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!" ?

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i dont think so.

i dont think message boards, no matter how close people appear to be, can be a substitute for real interaction.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
as long as youre paying for the hookers this time.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i dont think so.

i dont think message boards, no matter how close people appear to be, can be a substitute for real interaction.

Well, you're wrong. I speak from experience. I've some real experiences here from people behind the scenes and up front that I don't get in real life.

I think of these people as friends and some family. I've become real close with some people here and I think they would agree that this place is more than just a message board.

You don't think Dclary feels real love right now? Perhaps you haven't experienced a community that really cares.

Dawno bought a... (something) to carry this place because she thought it was important enough for people like us who really care for each other to have a place to come to and share our lives with one another.

I care about you and not on a superficial level. It's real.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Scarlet and Bravo, Patti has very nicely offered some helpful template examples for people to follow and you two turn this thread into a party with hookers.

Tat tat tat.

If you expected more from those two, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment. You should know that by now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.