A little respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Is it so much to ask to have my work critiqued or anyone eles's for that matter?

Maybe it's me but it seems that Sci-Fi or some other lame genre is more critiqued than say Romance. I posted a chapter last week and had only two critiques..that's it. One person posted on the children's forum and has had double what I had in the first day.

This place has really gotten on my nerves the last few weeks and frankly i'm tired of it. I don't know you at all nor do I want to.

You can ban me for all I fucking care because you're all a bunch of loosers--yeah you heard me...LOOSERS!!! All most of you do is spend godawful amounts of time on here rather than your family or writing--it's obvious is some of your number of posts.

Go ahead and fucking ban me...I really don't care. There I said it.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
No one ever talks to me--that's for sure... But again I don't care anymore about this damn site

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Why the harshness? Chances are if you'd posted here without the swears and asked for crits respectfully, you'd have gotten them.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Maybe it's me but it seems that Sci-Fi or some other lame genre is more critiqued than say Romance.

(emphasis mine) You want respect, try giving it. We're all writers here, and turning up your nose at an entire genre is hardly going to garner you any respect.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Why the harshness? Chances are if you'd posted here without the swears and asked for crits respectfully, you'd have gotten them.
I have asked for crits but i'm not going to beg for them either like some people on here.

I'm SICK AND TIRED of this fucking site...Yeah you heard me. SICK AND FUCKING TIRED!!!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
No one ever talks to me--that's for sure... But again I don't care anymore about this damn site

If you didn't care about it, you'd quit posting and leave. Clearly you're craving some sort of sympathic "OH PLEASE DON'T GO, WE UNDERSTAND, WE'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN" responses.

This post isn't one of them.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This thread gets an award for Most Ironic Title.

aspiring, this isn't like you. I hope your day gets better and we see the usual you, back in form. But, if you don't want to be here, you don't need a banning. You can just go.

Reaction score
This thread gets an award for Most Ironic Title.

aspiring, this isn't like you. I hope your day gets better and we see the usual you, back in form. But, if you don't want to be here, you don't need a banning. You can just go.

I think you'll find the correct term is 'bannination'.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
it's hard to take you seriously when that polar bear looks so happy to be slurping down a frosty treat.

can you change your avatar to something more fitting, like a crying child or a hinge not securely fashioned to a door frame?

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I'm leaving...and no i'm not having a bad day--I hate this site and have not learned the FIRST thing about writing. All it is is a bunch of chit-chat and nitpicking.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I have asked for crits but i'm not going to beg for them either like some people on here.

I'm SICK AND TIRED of this fucking site...Yeah you heard me. SICK AND FUCKING TIRED!!!

You should probably just go then. With respect, no site is worth getting this stressed out over. Direct that energy back into your work.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
That's a shame, aspiringwriter, because I think there's a lot to be learned here. Perhaps you're not looking in the right places?

Step back for a while, give yourself time to calm down. You might change your mind.

Reaction score
Or as we say in Dundee, "Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out."

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Talk about deja vu!

I think I've read this thread before.

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
Well then, why are you still here?

In all honesty, I didn't see your post asking for critiques, or else I would have given you my opinion. I usually don't do a line by line, but I would have told you the truth of what I think.

Two points I have to raise about you: look at the number of your posts, and then try again to disrespect someone for their number of posts, saying they spend their time here instead of with their family or whateve. And the other is if you are going to disrespect us by calling us LOOSERS, then at least spell it right!

Now, if you would like to calm down and readdress your issues, I would gladly give you my opinion of your work.

If you choose to leave, that is your choice. But, I, for one, would welcome you back anytime when you can discuss these issues without being so rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.