ditheistic?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
What would you be writing about it? As simply a philosophical postion I am not sure how it is would particularly salient.

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What I was thinking would be fiction, but Bible-based fiction. Since, just my view, Christianity is ditheistic, beit the belief in God and Jesus or God and Satan, I wanted to write something that emphasised that. Placing moral ditheism with the angelic order, I was hoping to write something that came from them.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I think there's always a market for interpretations of religion in fiction, but it depends on how you intend to present it. A good recent example is fellow AWer dragonjax's paranormal novel for Dorchester, HELL'S BELLES. It takes a rather Dante-esque view of Heaven and Hell and turns them on their ear in a unique way. It was both entertaining and thought provoking. But it was done off to the side, rather than being the main plot. But The Da Vinci Code made it the plot and succeeded quite well.

Yeah, I think such a book should do pretty well. My preference is for plot driven with the characters revealing the ditheistic views and/or plot elements. But I think it could sell. Good luck. :)

seppuku05

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.seppuku-arts.co.nr
Interesting, I think I'll steal that synonym for my philosophy exam and see if it'll 'wow' the examiner...'Plato's ditheist thoughts...' - might give it an interesting touch.

Anyway, I think there is a market for any philsophical writing as long as the writer is able to form a convincing point of view, even if it is apparent that Ditheism is really dualism. But I'm sure people would be interested in thoughts that people believe in two Gods (It would still be polytheism when there is two God's) but I'd say Christianity is still monotheistic, Satan doesn't count as a God (Perhaps in other theistic train of thought, as you get a evil Gods) but these dudes would probably not like the idea of Satan being a God and Jesus isn't a demi God, he is practically God as he is a part of the holy trinity, as their belief is that there is only one God, thus Monotheism.