Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Wanted to share with you this article I found on www.paganparenting.com:

paganparenting said:
Family Activity for March:
Support Injured Pagan Veteran Joshua Hoffman

Joshua and his mother Silverlily are members of the Mecosta, Michigan Pagan community and need your support. No matter how you feel about the war, we need to support our Pagan soldiers.

On January 6, 2007 Joshua was hit by a sniper bullet to his neck. He has had numerous medical complications and is paralyzed from this attack. He has no use of his legs and his family is praying for use of his arms to return. He is currently very depressed and has a long road to rehabilitation ahead of him. Please add him to your healing lists and send him your cards and letters of support.

Please send notes and cards to Joshua to let him know that we appreciate and support him and his efforts. If there are disabled Pagans reading this please send him your words of encouragement. He can be reached at the address below:

Cpl. Joshua Hoffman
Rm 1U-102/3
McGuire VA Med-Cal
1201 Broad Rock Blvd
Richmond Va 23249

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Sending anything to the US is seriously expensive, so I'll just send good vibes his way.

I'm about to kill myself just because I can't move one leg, and it's only temporal. It would be terrible not to be able to move at all. I hope he regains at least use of his arms.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's great if people were to send him their blessings, but why is the article just asking to support the Pagan soliders?

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, we should support all our soldiers, but I understand why the Pagan community is asked to support Pagan soldiers. Sometimes you need support from those who understand. When my brother died a few years ago, I received many condolences and kind words from Christians, who mainly tried to reassure me with their own beliefs. I felt lost, because I needed support and reassurance from those who believed as I did. To let someone know that the Goddess is with them, especially if they have a long road of healing ahead, can really make the difference.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Because it was a Pagan magazine, would be my guess. You wouldn't ask people to light candles for a Christian soldier...oh wait, yes you would, if you were Catholic (which is just paganism in disguise, if you ask me. How many prayers to the Holy Mother do you need to convince you of that? LOL)

Okay, so you wouldn't ask Christians to say a healing spell...wait, they'd call it a prayer.

Or burn...oh, incense. Yeah, okay.

I'm being silly.

Last edited:

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I imagine it's probably nice for the family to recieve well-wishes from likeminded people.

When I was married to my ex, a guy he was stationed with was a good friend of mine, and one of the most amazing CM's I've ever met, before or since. He was burned in an accident on the flightline, and the entire time he was in the hospital he was constantly visited by the military chaplain. Eventually he told them, "Look, it's nice that you're trying to help out, but this really isn't working for me." It wasn't that he wanted well-wishes from ONLY pagans, but he just couldn't relate to the platitudes and prayers from NON-pagans.

There are a large number of pagans in the military, and unfortunately many of them have trouble finding someone they can talk to about their spiritual needs, because of the shortage of pagan clergy.

I totally agree that we should support ALL of our soldiers who are out there right now -- no matter what their spiritual path.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Because it was a Pagan magazine, would be my guess. You wouldn't ask people to light candles for a Christian soldier...oh wait, yes you would, if you were Catholic (which is just paganism in disguise, if you ask me. How many prayers to the Holy Mother do you need to convince you of that? LOL)

Okay, so you wouldn't ask Christians to say a healing spell...wait, they'd call it a prayer.

Or burn...oh, incense. Yeah, okay.

I'm being silly.

Very true! I must have not really been paying attention to the source of the article. I finally just looked and noticed it was pagan parenting. I get a little riled up over any kind of segregation (boy, oh boy! you should see me in a debate! haha) But I do understand the points people have made here and they all make sense.