I'm scared!

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
cc

Last edited:
Reaction score
I embrace my fears and call them 'eccentricities'.

I don't really believe monsters live under my bed. But just in case I'm wrong...

A lot of the time I play up to it. People call me mad, and I like that. I bet there are thousands of adults who give themselves the jitters about closet-monsters, lose sleep over it. Not because of the monsters but because they feel silly about thinking of them.

And me? I tell people I think about bogeymen all the time, and if it means getting a better night's sleep, I'll take away the very thing that makes me think of bed-critters - the space under the bed.

Does that make any sense? I guess what I'm saying is, people call me a loon not because I believe in stuff like that, but because I'll get out of bed in the middle of the night and do something about the thing which makes me wonder, "What if...?"

Reaction score
Perhaps 'scared' is a strong word. Wary, maybe?

I'm wary of deep water but I can't help but look, and stand right near the edge. I taunt myself with the things that spook me. It's as if I'm trying to build up an immunity to fear.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'm still terrified of sleeping when any door in my room is open. There are three doors in my room, and one of them can't be seen from the bed. I still feel when it's open. It's creepy.

And I'm also seriously terrified of scarletpeaches :D

Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
And I'm also seriously terrified of scarletpeaches :D

So you should be. :D

I have things I have to do...stems from OCD. I'm getting over it, but there are still little routines there. I like the door of my bedroom closed too. Or any room I sleep in. And I will NOT sit with my back to a door or window. Ever. If someone leaves me a seat, I'll move. Or I'd rather stand.

If I see a fire, I have to stick something in it. Usually paper. Sometimes I poke it to see if it hurts.

I'm weird. :D

Reaction score
I count stuff. And I always step out of the house left foot first.

This is turning into a "SP is a freak!" thread...

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm scared of the ghost of my old primary school headmistress coming to get me. She was horrible and terrifying enough when she was alive, she reminded me of a Victorian governess (not the saucy kind, the kind who resent their own impoverished place in the world and take it out on the children). She must be dead by now. Death will not have improved her temper.

Also elephants, since I saw 'Elephant Walk' at an impressionable age.

Coming into my living-room at night and seeing a whole strange family there watching TV and they all turn and look at me with hollow eyes.

But Scarletp? Nahh. Bet she's cuddly in real life...(runs to hide in case not true)

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I'm scared of undead people crawling through my bedroom floor.

I thought it was zombies coming in the basement.
I'm not scared of Zombies. I've done enough research to be confident of surviving (Bless you Mr Romero).
Although I do worry that if the zombies come when I'm asleep, I won't get the chance to survive.

Reaction score
Surround your house with pork chops. That should delay them long enough for the sound of chomping to wake you.

Reaction score
Apart from anything else, I'm pretty sure that they only eat the flesh of the living. Think of all the pork chop dinners I'd have wasted if they just shambled past them.

You could glue them to your cat. Zombies are stupid enough to thik the chops would be part of a living creature. Simply staple your cat to the front door to keep it 'in place'.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
You could glue them to your cat. Zombies are stupid enough to thik the chops would be part of a living creature. Simply staple your cat to the front door to keep it 'in place'.
You're EVIL!

I've seen the dark lord and it's name is scarletpeaches! (Funny, cos I though it was Jaycinth)

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
The reception of the club I work nights looks out onto the street. At night, after the pubs close, I often look up (from AW) to see people shambling towards the club from across the street (fat chance of them getting in, but they do try, bless 'em). They move like that because they're drunk, but in the gloom, with the street-lights all ghostly, they look like zombies.

I don't like it.

Not one little bit.