Where do you think Tony will end up?

In prison?

In Florida, retired?

Chillin' with Pussy?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I heard Tony will be able to get out somehow.

Christopher won't be so lucky...

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
And a right snoozefest it was. Nothing. Happened. That one would have been tossed right out of the slushpile.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Indeed. What a huge waste of 56 minutes. Although there were one or two snickers, like when Tony just hung up on Christophers 4 seconds of screen time, mostly it was boring.

And frankly, if I had to spend a weekend at a lake house listening to Carmela and Janice, I'd just put a gun to my own head.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
This show just can't please everybody. For me, the layers of the episode is what excited me:

Tony getting beat up - He's aging, he's getting slower, weaker.
Bobby's messed up hit - This will lead right back to the Family.
The Feds and RICO - Tony messed up in dropping the gun. He has to be pissed at himself. This may open the door to Tony going to jail, or worse.
The home movies - They looked like good times.

Sure this episode is a set up. But what is is going to set up? It's pointing to the end of Tony and the Jersey Family, or is it?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I'm with FatTire and Pisarz. Probably not the best episode ever, but it was filled with some serious tension. The whole Monopoly thing was well played, I thought.

Before tonight I would have sworn Bobby had killed someone before. That's going to come back to haunt him.

I would probably shoot myself too if I had to spend the weekend with Janice.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL - Gotta agree re: Janice. *shudder*

FredCharles

Registered
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this episode. If it were any other season, I would have liked this episode. Since this is the end of the road, I thought it was kind of lame. There are so few episodes left, I would have thought that the final episodes would go for the throat.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else get a strange vibe from last night's episode with the violent Asian time bomb in with Junior?

That was a weird, timely coincidence.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I mentioned the same thing to my wife as soon as I saw the guy. A college-aged Asian guy in a mental institution who has rage issues and never had any friends on the outside.

Pretty freaky.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I said the same thing to myself. HBO is going to get letters...

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I just got around to watching this episode, and I gotta say, the scenes with Tony and Paulie on the boat sent chills down my spine.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes! The Tony and Paulie scenes could've gone either way. One of the most touching scenes for me, though, that affected me the most in that episode, was the one where Tony's on the balcony and hear's Paulie in his room laughing, looks in the window of Paulie's room and sees him sitting there, alone, on the foot of the bed, watching some dumb comedy and laughing his butt off. There was something quite poignant about that scene.

As for the kid and Junior, meh. The episodes were done long ago. There's no reason to write letters. If you look hard enough, you can find parallels with almost anything in almost any piece of work. Means nothing.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not writing letters. I know that the episodes were done around 4 or more months ago. I'm wondering though if they will get letters. Not a lot of TV savy people out there. I still know a person that believes actors make up their own lines.

I get the feeling that this show is going to end with Tony all alone in Las Vegas, looking out over Red Rock as the sun sets.

Last edited:

RMS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gardenandhearth.com
I'm enjoying watching the closure in these episodes. I doubt there will be any new excitement added since everyone knows the series is coming to an end. It's just interesting to see where each character is headed. Most of the older characters seem to be giving up, such as Phil and Junior.

FatTire, I can "see" the scene you've painted! Don't know if I agree but it does make a pretty picture.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
It may come down to Phil and Tony at the end. I don't think Little Carmine is going to take over. He doesn't seem to have the balls for it.

I really felt sorry for Junior, too. He's abandoned by his family and has nothing now. It's a sad way to end a life.

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Oh yes! The Tony and Paulie scenes could've gone either way. One of the most touching scenes for me, though, that affected me the most in that episode, was the one where Tony's on the balcony and hear's Paulie in his room laughing, looks in the window of Paulie's room and sees him sitting there, alone, on the foot of the bed, watching some dumb comedy and laughing his butt off. There was something quite poignant about that scene.

I agree 100%. That whole arc was the perfect blend of tension and poignancy.

And yeah, the Asian kid and Junior--odd coincidence indeed.

MajorDrums

Kidnapper
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, you can really tell which episodes are written by David Chase compared to the ones written by others. And Chase loves putting in those dream sequences.

Ugh, I hated the scene where the young patient beat up Junior...but I always have a very aversive reaction whenever I see someone younger (stronger) striking an older (weaker) person. I work with the elderly, so I sometimes hear stories of that type of physical abuse.*shudder* That scene just stayed with me.

David Erlewine

Registered
Reaction score

If he was watching "Too Close for Comfort" or even "Three's A Crowd", I'd agree 100%. But come on, "Three's Company" was pure comedy gold, especially when Cousin Cindy was the housemate.

But, more to the point, you said it perfectly. There was something so wonderful about Tony watching Paulie laugh at the show, particularly since the viewer (at least me) assumed Paulie was talking/laughing out of turn with someone else. The look Tony had was similar to the opening scene, when he rolled out of bed and saw Paulie walking up the driveway. Tony's smile at seeing his friend soon turned pensive, as he realized Paulie couldn't be coming by so early unexpectedly with anything good. That foreshadowed so much.

My wife and I don't know what we're going to do when this show ends. Divorce may not be too far away.

David Erlewine

Registered
Reaction score
Did you recognize Junior's Attacker?

This is admittedly a loaded question since I recently saw the attacker in another movie. It is, imo, one of the top 10 movies to come out in the past few years. Hint: The guy plays a shrink in it. Can anyone name the movie?

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I'm not sure which movie you're referencing, but I'm pretty certain the same actor played Omega in the last X-Men movie.

comicbookgeekpatti

David Erlewine

Registered
Reaction score
As Walter from Big Lebowski would say, "I did not know that". Cool.

The movie I was referring to was The Squid and the Whale. A small part but he was very good in it.