The Hoax

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the actual story from when I was younger, so I'd certainly like to watch the movie at some point. Since I haven't seen the movie I can't offer much else.

Didn't he also do an earlier book on a painter who created fakes? I seem to remember that; but it's been a long time since that happened.

Last edited:

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Of additional interest on the topic of Clifford Irving, is Orson Welles' F FOR FAKE, a sort of documentary that hits on a variety of stories including that of art forger Elmry de Hory who was profiled in a biography by Irving.

Welles then focuses on Irving and his own forgery- the fake Hughes "autobiography".

The whole film deals with fakery in some form or another.

Give it a viewing.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
The guy who wrote the script to this is a messageboard user. I'm not sure if he's posted here under some name, but he's a very wise and generous writer on the board I've seen him post on.

It's good to see him finding success and acclaim.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Of additional interest on the topic of Clifford Irving, is Orson Welles' F FOR FAKE, a sort of documentary that hits on a variety of stories including that of art forger Elmry de Hory who was profiled in a biography by Irving.