Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilybiz

glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
petreaburchard.com
With the help of a designer who's not a writer, I'm creating a website. I'd like to post a few of my past published articles on the site, as well as a teaser from my WIP. I own the copyright on these pieces.

I'd like site visitors to know that articles are available to reprint with permission, but *only* with permission. Is there standard language for this? Is this understood, or do I need to say something? Do I advertise my ignorance by asking this question in the first place?

I'll also have photos, video and audio on the site. Any clues as to how to protect these?

weezwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Petrea,
I'm going to ask a friend of mine to come on and answer your question. Her name is Amanda Brice. She's an author and a lawyer with specific expertise in copyright law. She's going to be teaching a class on the topic next fall through AuthorMBA.

It's a great question. I'd like to know the answer, too! :)

Louise Knott Ahern

Learn to write a killer press release!

There's still time to sign up for my two-week online class
The Pitch the Press Challenge: Learn how to craft a compelling pitch kit that you can put to use immediately!
Register at AuthorMBA.com
April 23-May 4
$19

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't want to wait until then, she's also teaching on this topic the first couple of weeks of May this year: http://www.neorwa.com - click on workshops to see details (I'm the online workshop coordinator for NEORWA).

She's really smart!! :D *waves hi to Amanda*

Status
Not open for further replies.