Amazon sales reporting tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

huw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.velluminous.com
This is a cool toy for anyone with multiple books who obsesses about their Amazon rankings, but since Amazon is such an important marketplace for POD, I thought the POD enthusiasts might be more interested than most (and to the many non-enthusiasts following this forum... I guess you might be interested too ;-)

http://www.salesrankexpress.com/

The author, Aaron Shephard, has a couple of books on POD/Amazon that look interesting, though I haven't read either as yet.

Huw

huw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.velluminous.com
I've just had a look at titlez (previously put off by need to register) and it's fun too. Because books have to be 'activated' it gives you an idea of which authors/small publishers are Amazon-obsessed :)

Huw

Prosperity7

Registered
Reaction score
This is a cool toy for anyone with multiple books who obsesses about their Amazon rankings, but since Amazon is such an important marketplace for POD, I thought the POD enthusiasts might be more interested than most (and to the many non-enthusiasts following this forum... I guess you might be interested too ;-)

http://www.salesrankexpress.com/

The author, Aaron Shephard, has a couple of books on POD/Amazon that look interesting, though I haven't read either as yet.

Huw

Is the emboldened number in the left column the number of copies sold?

Prosperity7

Registered
Reaction score
I wish :)

It's the current Amazon sales rank.

Huw

So the bigger the number, the worse the rating?

Is the Amazon rating based on the number of copies sold?

I wonder why amazon just doesn't post the number of copies sold.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Read this for a nice analysis of Amazon rankings and what they mean. (Also, how little they really mean in the overall scheme of things.)

huw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.velluminous.com
So the bigger the number, the worse the rating?

Yes.

Is the Amazon rating based on the number of copies sold?
Their ranking algorithm isn't public, but it's biased toward _recent_ sales. Titles that sell tend to move upward in rank; those that don't gradually decline. So snapshots aren't that meaningful, you need to watch a title over a period to get an idea of whether it's selling.

Huw

Status
Not open for further replies.