POD Recommendation For Photo Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

pregan

I am just starting to put together a photography book. It will be a coffee table "type" book with poetry accompanying the photos. I was looking into using a POD. I need very high quality when it comes to printing my high color photographs. I am assuming that I would need to go with a thicker paper as well to achieve the quality and feel I am looking for. Can someone recommend me any PODs that can achieve this level of quality and paper weight?

Thanks,
Pat

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
I am just starting to put together a photography book. It will be a coffee table "type" book with poetry accompanying the photos. I was looking into using a POD. I need very high quality when it comes to printing my high color photographs. I am assuming that I would need to go with a thicker paper as well to achieve the quality and feel I am looking for. Can someone recommend me any PODs that can achieve this level of quality and paper weight?

Thanks,
Pat

I don't know about their color printing, but I ran a few copies of the rough of my WIP at Lulu.com. The printing was quite crisp and the paper was nice and thick.

Though I'd imagine you would be spending an awful lot of money per printed book when you need full color for every page.

However, if you do find a good deal let me know. My other passion is photography and I've often thought about putting together something similar with some of my photos. I just figured I couldn't make it work for a reasonable price so I haven't bothered. . .

Eric

spinnerin

geek.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeofaudrey.com
JPG Magazine (it's a full color photo magazine) used Lulu for their first few issues, and I heard good things about the print quality. It looks like they've now grown enough to switch to offset. The only problem is price: $20 for 52 pages for the original POD issues. The new offset copies are $6.

pregan

Yeah, I believe LuLu uses Xerox's Igen for printing photo books. I think those printers are capable of doing the job. Seeing that I work at the big X, I may try and get access to an Igen and run some test prints. I am guessing many PODs might be using the Igen for this type of work but I am not sure. A lot of it has to do with how it's setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.