• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

My writers block

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonShneer

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My writing name is Ludvig VonShneer, but that's not important since i never use it.
I have severe writers block now, along with many other things, like creeping depression and high anxieties...
i didnt always have this writers block. actually even a month or so i didnt have it, but suddenly i started writing new things, and then everytime i got a little while into it i found things wrong with it.. i've tried so many things, like taking breaks, going for walks. just forcing myself to write anything (Which i could do.. it just didnt help when i wanted to actually write something substantial)
i keep running myself into holes where i find some problem with my work where i cant go on.. im thinking maybe its becuase im in a time where im stressed right now, but im just wondering if anyone else has had that problem where they keep finding that they cant go on with thier work?
It's getting worse and worse, where as i started writing maybe 40 pages in, then starting something new, where as now i go maybe 1 page in and find i cannot go on...

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Pick something from your book: an item, a place, a side character, and expand on it in every direction.

Ex: the grandmother's MC walking stick:
Made from a lightning blasted yew, carved by her own hands as a gift for her granny who really didn't need it but kept it til her death. She willed it back to the MC who as 34 at the time. She tucked it away in the closet and heard it speaking in her dreams. The yew wood was actually a dryad whose spirit still lived.

See? I've gone off on several tangents for a stick! Can any of this be used? Sure. And the rest recycled.

Writing is like love you give. It's never wasted, even if you don't get it back. The act of doing makes it real.

I was blocked for 9 mo, family and personal crap--but I felt ideas, I wrote 1-2 lines, saved them. Finally I asked the Muses for help and the dream came that is pushing book 4 forward. I run over action and dialogue in bed before falling asleep. The book is moving in my mind and I will write it down.

So will you.

Status
Not open for further replies.