"A Christmas Story" director Bob Clark killed by drunk driver

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Film director Robert Clark, best known for the beloved holiday classic "A Christmas Story," was killed with his son Wednesday in a car wreck, the filmmaker's assistant and police said.

Clark, 67, and son Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, were killed in the accident in Pacific Palisades, said Lyne Leavy, Clark's personal assistant.

The two men were in an Infiniti that collided head-on with a GMC Yukon around 2:30 a.m. PST, said Lt. Paul Vernon, a police spokesman. The driver of the other car was under the influence of alcohol and was driving without a license, Vernon said.

The driver, Hector Velazquez-Nava, 24, of Los Angeles, remained hospitalized and will be booked for investigation of gross vehicular manslaughter after being treated, Vernon said. A female passenger in his car also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and released, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_en_mo/obit_clark

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Directed-

BLACK CHRISTMAS

PORKY'S

A CHRISTMAS STORY

an others.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
They've charged him with gross vehicular manslaughter, which probably doesn't mean much this day in age... **sigh**

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. "A Christmas Story" is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's so sad that his son was with him as well.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
And he produced POPCORN.

I just rented that on Netflix.

This is a bummer.