• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Time to rank the idols.

These rankings are based on last night's performance only.

1. Chris R: totally shocked me. He was absolutely great.
2. Jordin: this girl gets better every week
3. Blake: I just love him and he's got a great jazz sound
4. Melinda: She's wonderful, but I want to hear her sound contemporary
5. Lakisha: See above. She's got the chops, but I want her to be young and fresh.
6. Gina: elegant and classy, but I like her better when she rocks
7. Hayley: beautiful girl.
8. Phil: boring, boring, boring. Looked like an elf. Put the damn hat back on.
9. Sanjaya: do I need to justify?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
You should list everyone in the poll.

I voted about 150 times for my main man, Sanjaya. I hope he gets into the top 3.

I think baldy is going home, though I think Blake or LaKisha or Gina should go next.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
Bottom three: Phil, Hayley, and Gina.

Hayley goes home.

It should be Sanjaya, but it won't be. He's becoming popular for non-singing reasons and I think he'll be around for a couple more weeks.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. Next week, everyone gets in the poll. :D

I think Sanjaya should go. But I think it will be Hayley.

I agree that bottom three will be Gina, Phil, and Hayley.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed with the entire season, it's getting harder for me to even watch. I barely paid any attention last night. I watched Blake and Gina...the rest, not so much.

But Sanjaya makes my ears bleed and he needs to go the hell home.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
That Blake guy sang half the song out of tune.

The best singer is that girl with the giant head and no neck. She should quit now because she's going to be humilitated when she loses to Sanjaya.

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with your ranking in the first post, Soccer Mom, except for LaKisha. She can sing wonderfully, but she's lost her shine for me. I haven't been impressed by her for the last two weeks, unfortunately.

Sanjaya won't go home. I said before it's VFTW but I think I was wrong, I think it's other non-singing-related factors keeping him around, like Bottomless said. But I agree, Hayley, Phil, Gina :)cry: ) will be the bottom three, and as long as Gina stays it doesn't matter to me which of the other two go.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My ranking done last night (before the West Coast had seen it, so I didn't post) went like this:

1. Melinda: Was wonderful. It was so nice seeing her do a fun song, and it gave us a chance to see a different side of her, since she's kinda been doing the same sort of song for the past few weeks. I thought, "Tony Bennet. This will be right up Melinda's alley," & it was, but she did a much more upbeat song than I expected.

2. Jordin: She was having fun with this one too, and really shone. She just gets better every week, and it's so refreshing to watch her progress.

3. LaKisha: Great song, great performance. The last big note was better in the clip with Tony Bennett, though.

4. Chris: This was the best I have seen him. It helps that I know and like the song. It was nice to see him do something more than a ballad..

5. Blake: It was good 'cuz it was Blake, and was a good choice for him, but I wasn't as impressed as usual.

6. Phil: I thought he did pretty well, and I get what Paula meant about sounding like Frank Sinatra. His voice was very good for the style. But I thought others did much better. I was in the other room when he was singing, so I didn't watch, just listened. I can't speak to anything other than the vocals.

7. Gina: It was a nice performance, but not as good those above. I didn't actually like the end that much, but the rest was sweet.

8. Hayley: The dress was strange, especially since her hand kept going up and down right in front of the cleavage, as if she was a game show girl showing it off. I liked the bridge of the song, because she was having fun, and the rest was just okay.

9. Sanjaya: LOL, Simon, but it was Randy who I agreed with. I was just thinking that I still wasn't into the vocals, but it was my favorite performance from him because he had turned into someone who was actually "performing." At least he looked like he was in control of the performance, unlike most weeks when he looks like he's just hanging in there. Actually, I liked the ponyhawk last week better than the slicked-down hair.

I thought that the performances overall were better than they had been. And I loved the bit about Simon needing to be nice & struggling with it.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
this season isn't...bad, as such. It's just not spectacular. We have some real vocal talents on display this time around (Lakisha, Melinda, for example) but the rest are...lackluster. I mean, I like Blake, I like Chris R.

By the time we got into the Bottom 8 or so, last year, I could start to get an idea of what album people were going to be putting out. Last year, I was gunning for Chris Daughtry (you might know him as the lead singer of the band Daughtry) and he's done magnificantly. Taylor Hicks, McPhee, them-other-folk, they were better than this season's.

It's strange. Idol goes up and down.

Sanjaya should just combust. Please. Before the performance, or during, I don't care. Just......boom.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Spoilers, people! West Coast hasn't seen it.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Oh for the love of pete...Sanjaya has GOT to go....And what's worse, he'll be on tour with them this summer...For that reason alone I WILL NOT attend...:) Even if I were to win free tickets.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
At least he wasn't in the top three. Maybe not even the top five. And as people better than him go, hopefully those votes go to other people better than him so that he won't make the top four (which is usually a good spot to take account of the talent. After all Tamyra Gray & Chris Daughtry were lost at #4)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
At least he wasn't in the top three. Maybe not even the top five. And as people better than him go, hopefully those votes go to other people better than him so that he won't make the top four (which is usually a good spot to take account of the talent. After all Tamyra Gray & Chris Daughtry were lost at #4)

And you see that Chris has a top-selling album and is getting heavy radio airplay... :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I bought his CD and it's awesome...:) Really the only winners who have had any major success were Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.. the others..well you know :)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
This is my rant about the Idol who went home tonight. So it's in white. so as not to spoil it for you losers. :D

What the hell? Sanjaya stays in? Haley stays in? And GINA goes home? I've been saying to my wife for weeks now, Idol feels like it's broken this season. Even if the talent isn't as good as last year, it still seems to be exiting backwards. I'm wondering if crap like "votefortheworst.com" is having an effect.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Did Sanjaya not understand the sarcasm in Simon's comments last night? Did he really think it was praise?

As for tonight...double-yew-tee-eff.

People are surely voting with their eyes, and not their ears.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Did Sanjaya not understand the sarcasm in Simon's comments last night? Did he really think it was praise?

As for tonight...double-yew-tee-eff.

People are surely voting with their eyes, and not their ears.

I totally agree with you...Sure Haley is pretty to look at but she can't sing...neither can, well I won't mention HIS name :) This show seriously needs to be overhauled with the voting... or have some kind of scoring system like Dancing With The Stars... Just my thoughts.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I really can't decide on his reaction. I can't imagine that he doesn't understand that people are voting for him for reasons other than talent or that he doesn't know that the judges think it's complete B.S. Since he said (to Tony or Ryan, I can't remember) that he wanted to show the audience that he "can sing," there has to be some knowledge of where he actually stands in the vocal ranking. The nice person in me wants him to be naive about it & sincere with his thank you, even though it shows him as being a little dimwitted, which the mean person in me is rolling her eyes at because how could he not know? The cynical side of me says he's playing up to it now. He knows where his votes come from, & he's inviting them, so he says "Thank you!" really loud & obvious as if he doesn't understand it's not a compliment, when he knows what it is & knows the audience knows what Simon meant too. And maybe it was just the slicked-down hair, but something about last night's performance makes me believe he's getting a little cocky about his "popularity" too.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Sage---I don't get Sanjaya any more... I mean..well he's just creepy you know.

As for the others, well it's sad to see Gina go because she is so good--it's also unfortunate that other decent singers are leaving while the not-so good ones are staying..