Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Sure. I started one just for a few friends but it developed into a forum for erotic romance writing.

But it was a hell of a lot of work for me and two other people in the first 6 months and still takes a lot of time to deal with spam and things.

On the whole I enjoy it but it does pretty much nothing for me in terms of promotion of me specifically.

acousticgroupie

Registered
Reaction score
cool to hear others have done this.

one thing i am working on is to make my community POLITE. there are so many mean people out there that are mean to newer folks. don't want that on my board.

glad to see i'm not the only one trying this!

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started one as an RPG board then a lot of very young writers I met through a contest joined. Now it's morphed into half-RPG and half-AW type writing board with lots of exhortations to visit AW and learn from the best.

weezwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kristen,
It looks great! Congrats on getting that up and running. I think a message board is a great promotional tool for the type of book you've written. Your book is just the conversation starter, and there are opportunities within your area of expertise to create an online community -- like you're trying to do with the message board.

Cool!!

Take care,
Louise Knott Ahern

Learn to write a killer press release!
There's still time to sign up for my two-week online class
The Pitch the Press Challenge: Learn how to craft a compelling pitch kit that you can put to use immediately!
Register at AuthorMBA.com
April 23-May 4
$19

Status
Not open for further replies.