PDA

View Full Version : book message boards--mine's up!

acousticgroupie
04-04-2007, 01:17 AM
hey all,

i created a message board for my site at http://creativelyse.proboards101.com/index.cgi

i want to take it beyond the book and create a community for people.

have any of you done this? curious to see anything similar!

heatheringemar
04-05-2007, 12:24 AM
You can see mine on my website. The link's in my siggie.

veinglory
04-05-2007, 01:40 AM
Sure. I started one just for a few friends but it developed into a forum for erotic romance writing.

But it was a hell of a lot of work for me and two other people in the first 6 months and still takes a lot of time to deal with spam and things.

On the whole I enjoy it but it does pretty much nothing for me in terms of promotion of me specifically.

acousticgroupie
04-08-2007, 01:23 AM
cool to hear others have done this.

one thing i am working on is to make my community POLITE. there are so many mean people out there that are mean to newer folks. don't want that on my board.

glad to see i'm not the only one trying this!

BardSkye
04-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I started one as an RPG board then a lot of very young writers I met through a contest joined. Now it's morphed into half-RPG and half-AW type writing board with lots of exhortations to visit AW and learn from the best.

weezwrites
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi Kristen,
It looks great! Congrats on getting that up and running. I think a message board is a great promotional tool for the type of book you've written. Your book is just the conversation starter, and there are opportunities within your area of expertise to create an online community -- like you're trying to do with the message board.

Cool!!

Take care,
Louise Knott Ahern (http://www.theworkingwriter.com)

Learn to write a killer press release!
There's still time to sign up for my two-week online class
The Pitch the Press Challenge: Learn how to craft a compelling pitch kit that you can put to use immediately!
Register at AuthorMBA.com
April 23-May 4
$19

triceretops
05-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I joined up! Got to get the word out somehow.

Anybody heard of Home.Yack.com? It's a group site and you can list your books there. I just tried it. They say their the biggest publicity site on the web. But don't they all say that?

Tri