April 500 words/day thread--all genres welcome

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
HEY! We missed the fact that a new month has started. Who is going to join me for 500 words a day over here?

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Thank you for starting this, WildScribe. I knew I was forgetting to do something. I'd forget my phalanges if they weren't attached to, uh, whatever they're attached to (I forget the name of it).

I wrote 500 words on Sat. Some yesterday (haven't counted yet), and working on today.

Write away,

Lisa

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
629 today. Would like to do more but the whole evening was taken up coloring Easter eggs -- not dyeing, mind, coloring, with markers -- for my brother's German class. Like cascarones without the confetti.

My hands hurt!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Ack, you're right, it is April. How'd that happen? :tongue

Still polishing, but I'm now sure that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train. :Sun:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are awesome. I have put my WIP on vacation for a couple weeks while I work on other stuff, but none of it is fun creative stuff - all paid. I just got SO BUSY that I decided to stop stressing myself out.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes life does get in the way of writing. Good for you for giving yourself permission NOT to write. You don't need the stress on your body right now.

The genie is still coming along. 1,000 new words.

:Sun: :Sun: :Sun: for everyone!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Soccer Mom, WildScribe. :) And speaking of Soccer Mom, yay that your genie story is going so well! :D I've been meaning to say that all week...sorry it kept slipping my mind... :rolleyes:

Almost done with the ms polishing. Then a quick revisit of query/synopsis to make sure I still like the sound of them and then...well they need a little fingers-crossed emoticon here. ;)

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only about 150 words today; too cold to write while waiting for the bus and no time otherwise.

But Friday is a holiday...

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
717 tonight. Trying to pretend I don't have a new (to me) Turtledove book taunting me... :D

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I got over 6000 words yesterday bread and butter. THIS is why I don't want to work on my novel ;)

Annie O

...fueled on Cadburys
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
In my little cottage on Dartmoor...with the pixies
Wrote 12 new greetings today. Now to find a market! Also tried to re-organise my office (the M.E not too bad today) as I purchased a gorgeous antique desk with Queen Anne legs. If that isn't a reason to spend time in there, I don't know what is. They say if your work space is organised you can write better. Well let's see!

Last edited:

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
I'm here!! After slacking off for a couple of days, I added 1307 words to the WIP. It's hard to buckle down to typing in this nice spring weather. I've been outside; weeding, pruning, and planting cherry tomatoes!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
15 articles at 500 or more words each. My fingers hurt! 13 due tomorrow, and then I can relax.

BardSkye

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here!! After slacking off for a couple of days, I added 1307 words to the WIP. It's hard to buckle down to typing in this nice spring weather. I've been outside; weeding, pruning, and planting cherry tomatoes!

**looks outside at the snow still coming down and the dog sporting a wet white covering**

What's spring?

Sketching today, more words later. Got about 100 done.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Ah..see..this gave me my motivation. Note to self: don headphones, crank up writing music---can no longer hear the dishes calling my name..what's that? 'Dern' laundry....quick...fold laptop, dash outdoors....I'll just pick these few weeds first, oh look, flowerbed a bit dried---no! Run! Must write!
300 words!
Ah. Collapse. Do snow angels on living room floor. Deep sigh. I amounted to something today...300 words...something other than cleaning-goddess, mom's taxi, and we'll just leave the wifey duties out of this post, savvy?

kb

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
**looks outside at the snow still coming down and the dog sporting a wet white covering**

What's spring?

Sketching today, more words later. Got about 100 done.

Spring? It's a bait and switch trick.

We had a so-called cold front today. High was in the 70s. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm adding ~800 words, but most of them are pulled from a previously written scene. I'll take 'em!

BardSkye

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had a so-called cold front today. High was in the 70s. :rolleyes:

:e2tongue: That's a cruel thing to say to someone under four inches of snow. Especially when it was almost to the seventies this time last Friday.

Still sketching but mulling over plot while doing so. Can't decide if a supporting character will work better as a player or owner of the team. Might have to flip a coin to decide.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
When it snows down here they take pictures and sell postcards for years afterwards, if that tells you anything...but we'd already be into summer weather if not for that "cold front," so I'll be grousing about that soon enough.

Here you go:
:Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun: :Sun:

Added in another previously written scene, so between imported and new words it grew by 1184. Over 50K!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm amazed at some of you guys... great jobs for everyone!

Another 13 articles, and all 54 are done and accounted for! That is a week that I would NOT soon repeat.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
622 words today, and I helped hold things while hubby did some repairs to one of the storage buildings. The theory is that the junk in the downstairs workshop goes out to the storage building and then we fix up the workshop so I can move my computer down there and hubby can have the space I'm using to set up yet another computer to add into our local network. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.