Does anyone here have a child with autism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressed

Registered
Reaction score
I desperately need a few quotes from a parent whose child has autism about what kinds of behavior aroused their suspicions that something might be wrong and how their child was diagnosed. Could also do with some comments on how it has impacted on family life, particularly on any siblings [but please do follow up even if there are no siblings!].

This is for Supernanny Jo Frost’s US website so no pictures are needed and I’m happy to change names to avoid identifying you if necessary. If anyone can help I would be so grateful – two moms [not from AW!] had agreed to help but haven’t responded to follow-up emails…

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
My daughter doesn't have autism, but for a while we--and the therapists and caseworkers--thought she did. There still isn't a diagnosis and it looks like there never will be, but she still displays autistic-related behaviors. I'm happy to talk, PM me if you'd like.

acousticgroupie

Registered
Reaction score
talk to aliedwards.com. she does fundraising and kevin bacon recently mentioned her as part of his 6degrees effort.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Oprah just dedicated a whole show to families that are living with autism. Her web site might provide some useful research material.

One of our members has aspergers syndrom which is similar to autism (or a form of autism) but I'm drawing a blank on his name.

Judy

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
My younger brother and I both have Asperger's syndrome, a light form of autism, but that's probably not what your asking about...you're probably looking more for the progressive type and whatever.

If you'd like to know anything about Asperger's PM me.

Kie

Rita

Autistic Child

Hi - We are raising my Granddaughter who has been diagnosed with Autism. She is at the lower end of the spectrum. Her official diagnosis is PDD-NOS.
I would be willing to answer any questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.