Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
...but hopefully not only to me.

I read a comic called The Initiative earlier. It's sortof the epilogue to Civil War. Anyway this comic had some info on the new Omega Flight comic coming out this month. It was revealed who will be the new Guardian...if they call him Guardian. It also showed that my main man Walter Langkowski has survived and that means the mighty Sasquatch is still on the scene.

I wonder if anyone is reading the New Avengers? If so there was a pair of special guests you might have seen in issue 28. Page 13 shows Luke Cage arriving at Dr. Strange's house which has become a hideout. There are two people walking out front as Luke shows up. That's all I'll say but if you read the issue you probably already saw them.

Lastly...does anyone like Ms Marvel and if so, why?

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
*I* find it interesting. That's spooky, I was just reading The Initiative yesterday.

My problem with enjoying it is, it still feels like the bad guys won and now we're supposed to care about them.

I'm sorry, but I'm hoping that Hulk comes back for World War Hulk and turns Tony Stark into a damn pretzel.

I don't read New Avengers consistently enough to know the guests you're talking about, I'm afraid. I read it when it comes out in trades, because the story just doesn't hold my attention from month to month.

Best comic for my money right now is Spider-Man's stuff by Straczynski (the others are irrelevant).

And I have NO idea why everyone's so hot on Ms. Marvel. The only use I ever had for her was "Rogue touched her, stole her powers." And that was it. I don't get why she has to be everywhere now.

And speaking of heroes I don't get...

....seriously...

ENOUGH OF BLACK PANTHER.

Nothing like taking a crappy hero and plastering him everywhere. And now he's part of Fantastic Four. Oh good.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
I feel the same about The Initiative and was on the fence about reading it all...but I was worried I would miss something. Maybe? I don't know. Mainly I liked the Omega Flight open because my coworkers and I were discussing Omega Flight and I was saying that Sasquatch was going to be in it...then I go home and read Initiative and there he is right off the bat. I always liked Alpha Flight so it makes me happy he's around.

Well the New Avengers deal isn't that earth shaking but Wordmonkey has convinced me to spill. As Luke approaches Dr. Strange's house the two people walking out front are...Dream and Death.

Straczynski has a screenwriting book out. I glanced at it at the shop but didn't buy it as I'm not really into craft books. It could be interesting, though.

Black Panther is boring, I agree. He and Ms Marvel should retire from super heroing.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
Black Panther is boring, I agree. He and Ms Marvel should retire from super heroing.

I think the Silver Age spawns a lot of crappy characters. Though (and I might be wrong about this - could just be perception) I think Marvel did more than their fair share of naff characters.

That said, I strongly feel that with the right creative team (and specifically the writer), most characters can be reworked and made into something better. The best example I can think of is "Clock King" in Batman: TAS. Terrible character made into something interesting.

Just needs a little TLC and maybe some outside-the-box thinking.

Scotty519

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Ms. Marvel and Black Panther are everywhere, but at least they'll die down eventually and we won't have to deal with them for a few years.

I'm sick of Wolverine, that annoying lil' fella is everywhere. How does he find the time to be EVERYWHERE? He's a main character in Astonishing X-Men, Avengers, Ultimate X-Men, and two of his own titles. He also manages to be be in every limited series and guest star in other comics, but he still seems to be a permanent mansion resident in all the other X-Men series. Even when he's not there, references are made to him. I'm tired of him. I want him to just stay in one title and stay there, rather than hopping all over the Marvel universe. Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
I agree Scotty, and Wolverine is one of my favorite characters. Somehow it dilutes his appeal to have him everywhere doing everything with everyone. He shouldn't be in the Avengers at all. The X-books...well he's going to pop up in most of those. He isn't in X-Factor and X-Factor is a great book however. He also isn't in Uncanny for the time being and that's a pretty great book as well. I'm cool with the idea of him never showing up in those books.

Status
Not open for further replies.