What the F$%k?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I just heard the Tribune is selling the Cubs at the end of the 2007 season. I never thought I'd see the day!

What's this going to mean for my Cubby's? I'm frightened.

askeladd

Polyglot
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the news on the radio this morning. Who am I supposed to root for now - the Sox? Yeah, right. Not in a million years. I'll never turn to the dark side and become a Southsider.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
The Tribune is selling more than the Cubs, they are selling the whole company.

In a pure baseball sense this is actually going to help the Cubbies. The Tribue has been sucking the life out of that team for decades. Notice that this was the first offseason that they spent money. . . ever? Making the team look attractive cause they knew they were going to sell the company. Hopefully the new ownership will have an open mind toward their pocket books.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
I'm sure that staying in Chicago will be part of any deal.

Pity us few remaining Montreal Expo fans. The team, if you can call it that, is doing just as poorly in Washington. Sure making it easy for us Canucks to hop aboard the Blue Jay train.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
We are now forced to lick scotch off of the keyboard-as the Hagster says it is a shame to waste scotch-so we are trying to recover it-hopeless you say-you have never seen lobster tongue at work-hic!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
We are now forced to lick scotch off of the keyboard-as the Hagster says it is a shame to waste scotch-so we are trying to recover it-hopeless you say-you have never seen lobster tongue at work-hic!

Nothing better than stewed lobster.

eta: or is that lobster stew?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Years ago, Nintendo bought the Mariners - they didn't move to Japan. It could end up being the best thing for the Cubs, to get new ownership. Doesn't mean they'll move away, but they might get a good injection of money and new-thinking.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
They can't move the Cubs...it would be an American tragedy. The Cubs not playing in Wrigley Field? It just can't happen...

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing better than stewed lobster.

eta: or is that lobster stew?
Oh christ I have sobered up-what's going on? Oh yah the cubs are moving to Maryland-yah was not that it? Either will do I s'pect!