UPDATE: Agent

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
The agent I mentioned in my previous post has already contacted an editor to see if they might be interested. The editor has requested the first 50 pages. I just finished sending the file. To borrow a phrase from a friend of mine, I am now waiting with baited breath.

johnrobison

A Free Range Aspergian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnrobison.com
The agent I mentioned in my previous post has already contacted an editor to see if they might be interested. The editor has requested the first 50 pages. I just finished sending the file. To borrow a phrase from a friend of mine, I am now waiting with baited breath.

Best of luck to you. I know how it feels to wait. But we don't bait our breath before waiting. We are not trying to trap animals with our breath. We wait with bated breath.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Oooo, how exciting! Keep us updated.

I think the 'baited breath' thing was a joke, no? Like Mork from Ork once said, "I'm waiting with a worm on my tongue."

Good luck!

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lotsa luck and toes crossed for you!

glassquill

RB's favourite chewtoy
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck, David. Fingers and toes are crossed for you. Good thing I can still type with crossed fingers. :tongue Got a bottle of champagne standing by for the good news. :D

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Congrats David. What a whirlwind you have found yourself in.

BTW, you're as bad as Triceratops the last time I went on vacation, I was gone for a few days and BOOM! she sold two books!

Lucky for you I have six days left of my vacation.;)

Maprilynne

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Awe, it was the thought that counts Aruna. Heck, I'll be a girl buddy to you female hunks if you don't snitch me out. Heh.

Now, since I'm officially one of David's Baited, Bated, un, beta readers, I'll say hooray!!!! Man I hope this goes through.

Uh, which one is it, David? You have more than one!

Tri

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. :)

Glassquill - Don't pop that bubbly just yet. I'm tryin' not to get my hopes up too much.

April - Hey...why don't you enjoy a nice long vacation....? ;) (Kidding...we miss ya here in AW). I was wondering where ya went.

Chris - It's 33 A.D. I gotta email you about it here in a minute, actually....

David Erlewine

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck to you. I know how it feels to wait. But we don't bait our breath before waiting. We are not trying to trap animals with our breath. We wait with bated breath.

John, kindly refrain from baiting David on the day he is sharing good news with us. Your tone and phrasing bring to mind a stern professor admonishing a student who has been unabatedly bothering others. Incidentally I heard this morning that Jason Bateman will be portraying Norman Bates in a debatedly-superfluous remake of "Psycho 3".

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Sorry Tri!!! When I think about it I know you are a guy, but unless there's a hunky picture for your avatar reminding me, I tend to thing we're all girls.;)

You know what that means don't you . . . ?

You need a hunky picture!!!

(That's how I remember Ray's a guy.;))

Maprilynne