Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Can anyone point me to some celebrity/midlist/personal writer's biographies on the net that have to do with inspiration? I'm looking for rags to riches, or even midlist or private accounts of writers who have overcome the odds from shaky beginings. King's story is facinating. So is Rowlings story--I'm looking for something like that. I write SF paranormal thriller and fantasy, but it doesn't have to be those genres.

I love those programs that come on the (history channel?) and showcase a writer's life. Just watched the one on Ann Rice last night. Wow. I've seen J K Rowlins too. I've watched many others and I just eat them right up--a writer's stew.

You know, that upbeat drive to the top type story? I always like to check the others out, soz I can identify and fortify the ole soul.

Thanks for your help

Tri

Memoirista

Memoirista
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.memoirista.com
Try this.

This link goes to my personal memoir in progress, currently titled Thrown, not 'Hadabrain.' It is about overcoming traumatic brain injury, and a slew of other injuries, and going on to graduate from the University of Pennsylvania with a Ph.D.

Current state of the work? While adding to it in pieces, I am developing a proposal and struggling with the agent-finding process.

I figure this exchange is some protection from theft of the material. Your protection is that all memoir is based on overcoming obstacles, even if the obstacles are as minute and indiscernible as Vivian Gornick's Fierce Attachments.

In other words, browse memoirs. Amazon has 150,000 of them. For fantasy/sci-fi purposes, I would think that the amount of information in an Amazon listing is a good start.

Much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.