Throw Out the Tea Leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Or so I've been telling myself. But I have four partials that have been out over a month and a full that's been out since November. It seems to me that not always, but most of the time, good news comes fast (particularly regarding partials)--especially from what I have read about most of the agents considering my work.

As they said in the Star Wars movies, I have a bad feeling about this. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm about to go 0 for 5.

So if anyone has good stories to share about long response times=good outcomes, I'd enjoy the pick-me-up. Chocolate alone hasn't quite done it.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there as it does seem to take time-- a lot in this biz.
:)

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I have a story about speed...don't think fast response=good thing. I went from query to submission (full) to rejection in five, count 'em, five, days.

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have no long response times=good news stories, but trust me a fast response is not always good either. I've had e-mail rejections come back in a matter of minutes. Could almost hear the bounce.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
I didn't hear back from my agent until nearly four months after submission. And that's after I poked him once (he had promised an answer within three months). Also, two of the agents who requested my full from the partial waited at least 6 weeks. I'm convinced there's little rhyme or reason to the process.

So hang in there, and let us know when you hear something!

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Thanks to all who have posted.

My suspicions are proving correct. I just got a rejection. Four to go.

The only good thing is that I had a request for a partial today (just before the rejection, which was a form). At least I will have the chance to revise before sending it off.

Sigh. I don't know what to do with this novel anymore. Nothing's working.

glassquill

RB's favourite chewtoy
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

Hang in there, Pisarz. It may take some time but a good piece of work will find a good home. Even if it takes a couple of bouncings to find its way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.