PDA

View Full Version : Almanacs

plaidearthworm
03-27-2007, 08:02 PM
I vaguely recall that someone on this forum mentioned writing for one of the Llewellyn almanacs. That market really intrigues me--are they good to work with? I imagine they are probably gearing up for 2009 at this point, and I would love to hear a few first-hand experiences before I send in anything.
Thanks!

Carole
03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I've written for Llewellyn. I have an article on Magical baths in the 2007 Magical Almanac. They really are great to work with! I think Patti has written for them too. :) Check out their website. You can download lots of info there. Also, you can ask me anything you want and I'll try to help. One thing you should know, the deadline for 2009's magical almanac is coming up in August and I think all almanacs have a summer deadline, but I'm not sure.

plaidearthworm
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Great! I'll go check out their guidelines. Thanks for the info!

PattiTheWicked
04-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I submitted an article on sacred circle gardening (page 295, thankyouverymuch) to their 2007 Herbal Almanac, which was accepted and came out in October. They've chosen two of my pieces for the 2008 Edition. The editor, Ed Day, is fabulous to work with, and they pay on time (although be aware you don't actually recieve payment until the almanac is released, not when you submit). I'm going to try to put some articles together in time for some of the other annuals as well.