Thank you to absolutewrite for making this possible!

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to post my latest song 'We never called it love,' a tune I workshopped relentlessly on this very board a few months ago. Without the help of the many fine songwriters on this board I never would have come up with such kickass lyrics! Big thank you to everyone who donated from their time and wisdom and helped me to find the lyrics to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0LcGV-p4Y

moblues

Banned
Reaction score
Very well done, Guy. Sorry for being a stranger.

Mike

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
tHANKS mIKE, MY NUMber one helper for this one :) why stranger?

moblues

Banned
Reaction score
tHANKS mIKE, MY NUMber one helper for this one :) why stranger?

I haven't been posting as much as usual. I have work to do. I'm determined to get my MS out there.

I've even stopped writing poetry for now. Think about that. :)

Mike

Last edited:

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
YAYYYYY for you! I'm listening to it right now. You already know I like your stuff. :D

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful! It gave me goosebumps, too, because the words fit so well with someone I knew. Very touching.

Thank you friends :)

thanks Serena! what a lovely name you have. And I love your signature!

aaarrggghh my computer broke down so can't put up new songs... :(

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very very nice.

Great song.

rt

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing to see something that I helped you work on produced and stuff. Way cool, and you have a great voice!!

Very well done.

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much you guys! Yes wildscribe, there is no doubt you and Mike were my two biggest helpers, and I will be forever greatful. I like the lyrics alot and there is no way I could have come up with them without your help.

Be sure to let me know what you think of my other song too since I put alot of effort into the video clip and I believe I also got helpful suggestions from you on that one! It's from the - is this a song or a poem? thread

I was just on the way to post two other songs you helped me with when my comp broke down... must find alternative method!!

Now, if anyone has any idea what is the best thing to do from here in order to get heard please let me know!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Now, if anyone has any idea what is the best thing to do from here in order to get heard please let me know!
The first thing that comes to mind is putting the songs up on other hosts:
Myspace may be the biggest exposure of 'free' host sites, but you can only have four mp3's up at once, so if you have more than that, pick your four best for Myspace.
Soundclick.com has been around many years and is a popular mp3 host site, you can put dozens (not sure if there's a limit) of mp3's up. There are several others similar to soundclick, Garageband.com is another that comes to mind.

ETA: Now I see your Myspace page, "We never called it love" shows 485 plays, so you must be doing something right!

Last edited:

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for the encouraging words, and to you Ben for the tips! FOr now, I think I will take the Kaballah's advice: just keep working, putting my heart and soul into my work, and not give much thought to the future... thanks to the internet my stuff will get exposure, so if its worth listening to, it will get recognition eventually (I hope).