• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gregory & Company Authors' Agents (UK)

zizban

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.chippewapublishing.com
I went through the agency's website and it seems upfront enough. They do mention having an inhouse editing service, I don't know if they charge for the service.

They have recent sales and seem adept as placing work with publishers elsewhere on the continent.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
They took my full manuscript about 3 years ago, read it within the time they said they would take, and passed on it.
Solidly respectable agency with a good record of sales.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
This was the first agent I sent by recently completed crime novel to.

Like Penguin Queen, my first 3 chapters got rejected quite civilly, and within a week of my sending them.

Shara

Reaction score
They say chicklit has had its day...Not sure if that's true. I certainly hope not.

ThunderBoots

Back with new name, no dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Gregory & Co Authors' Agents

Has anybody tried to e-mail a submission to Gregory & Co Authors' Agents lately? Mine bounced back, and I've double-checked I typed correctly:

[email protected]

[Just curious: Is there really a "Mary Jones," or is this their creative attempt to avoid using the run-of-the-mill e-mail address "submissions@" for queries?]

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
There is already a thread for Gregory and Co, here which you have previously posted in.

The vast majority of AWers are US based, so you may not find anybody else here who is submitting to them.

From their Submissions page:

(Please put the word SUBMISSION before your book’s title in the subject line, so we can distinguish your message from the huge volume of spam that we receive.)

Did you do that?

Also, Mary Jones is listed on their staff page, so I imagine she's real.

If you've still no joy, try sending from a different email address (maybe even from a different host - if you're using gmail, try a yahoo one), or contact the general info(at) address. Automated systems mess up sometimes.

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them on a project about a year and a half ago.

While I didn't keep records of the email, my spreadsheet shows that I had an emailed rejection from Mary Jones three days after submission. I would have used the email address on their web site.

ThunderBoots

Back with new name, no dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
There is already a thread for Gregory and Co, here which you have previously posted in.

The vast majority of AWers are US based, so you may not find anybody else here who is submitting to them.

From their Submissions page:

Did you do that?

Also, Mary Jones is listed on their staff page, so I imagine she's real.

If you've still no joy, try sending from a different email address (maybe even from a different host - if you're using gmail, try a yahoo one), or contact the general info(at) address. Automated systems mess up sometimes.
Yes, I followed their guidelines. Interesting suggestion about trying a different email address from a different host. I'll try sending from a gmail account this time and see what happens.