Al Gore 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that Gore is going to run for President in 2008? If you have any, please explain why. I see the writing on the wall. Even though I'll be out $50, I have this gut feeling that he'll run again. Why? Simple, if he doesn't, he'll look like a hump. Why? Simple, he's been going around the country and in front of Congress, telling us all that there is a "global crisis" happening. The one office than he can have the biggest impact in is up for grabs next year. And he has to know that the Dem's haven't exactly put forth any strong contenders.

So I see him running. If he doesn't run I'll lose all respect for him. He can't keep telling me to do this and this and that to save our environment when as President he can make the biggest difference of us all.

So, watch for Gore to announce later this year. Thoughts?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Maybe he's having more fun, making more money, getting greater fame, and getting the issues across more effectively as a civilian celebrity?

Just a hunch.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Yes, I think he's having more fun being inconvenient. And our planet is like a baby with a fever. Except it's round and enormous. And it has a molten core. And plates and aquifers.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Maybe he's having more fun, making more money, getting greater fame,
Didn't he kick all the Money he got from being 'Inconvenient' to some Climate Change research charity?
Ray said:
getting the issues across more effectively as a civilian celebrity?
That's a good point. The chunk of the film that puts across the idea that he tried to make the changes from inside the political arena but couldn't seems quite compelling. To me anyway.
Nevertheless, if he ran, and I was allowed to vote for him, I'd seriously think about it.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
NPR's All Things Considered
Michele Norris talks Karen Breslau, San Francisco bureau chief for Newsweek, and author of "The Resurrection of Al Gore," an article published in the May 2006, issue of Wired Magazine. Breslau discusses what Gore has been up to since he left office.
Her take on it was that he's not going to run and she gave some compelling reasons. You can listen to the archived version here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9047649

Reaction score
A. Does anyone else find it ironic that a poster named FatTire would start an Al Gore thread?
B. And on that subject, Newsweek or Time or one of those liberal rags has an article about how the best way to judge whether Al Gore runs is to guage his weight. As long as he's carrying the spare tire, he ain't running. If pounds begin to shed, he is.

Washington — Al Gore doesn’t seem to be watching his weight these days, but Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s people certainly are.

Some members of Clinton’s team, concerned that the global warming warrior might jump into the 2008 race despite his denials, have been monitoring the former vice president’s girth. A svelte Gore is a presidential Gore, they reason.

But they might not have much to worry about, judging from the stressed seams on Gore’s Ralph Lauren tuxedo Oscar night.

“If he’s running, he’ll start losing weight fast,” said a Clinton insider, who didn’t want to be identified. “Judging from where he is now, I’d say he’s not running. … But that could change fast.”

That opinion was confirmed by one of the former vice president’s closest friends, who also requested anonymity.

“When Al Gore decides to do something, he gets into physical shape,” the person said. “When he was campaigning in 2000, he would have a treadmill in his room. … Gore is a former athlete, he’s a very competitive man, just ask anybody who’s ever played a game of pick-up basketball with him.”

And I do not believe that Al Gore is running. And I ain't basing it on his weight. I think he's enjoying his new career and has little desire to get back into his old one.

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Gore isn't running, because he said he isn't running. To change his mind on this invites Kerryesque flipflops, and we've already elected a shit president against that kind of candidate. We could easily do it again.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Nope, he still digs on naked polynesian wimmen.

Mustangpilot

Registered
Reaction score
Whether or not he runs will depend on the outcome of the Global Warming debate. If it proves to be a hoax, which I think it is, then he's cooked. We'll see him spitted over a slow fire with an apple in his mouth. If the hysteria grows then for sure he'll run and that would be a disaster, even more than if the Hildabeast wins the job.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
And how will we know if the global warming debate is a hoax? When we don't melt or spontaneously combust? Will we know by 2008?

Mustangpilot

Registered
Reaction score
And how will we know if the global warming debate is a hoax? When we don't melt or spontaneously combust? Will we know by 2008?

We will know when a group of scientists supported by a biased media began touting the next ice age as they did in the '70's. It is the heigth of arrogance to assume we pitiful humans can cause the cooling or heating of the planet. Sure, we can effect micro climates such as the smog in L.A. and desertification in Africa. I seriously doubt we can do a damn thing to change the effects of the sun which now appears to be melting the snow on Mars.
There's a lot of money to be made with this hysteria. Selling Carbon Credits is just one of them.

Now, if some of you true believers want to make a difference you might look into planting trees. Dont worry about North and South America. We got lots and getting more. I suggest you organize a tree planting expedition to Africa and the Middle East where their damn goats and sheep have deforested millions of square miles and desertification is a serious problem. That would do more for mother earth than all the concern about carbon foot prints.

I'm making up certificates called Karbon Kredits. They're cheap. $20 each and provide absolution for all your carbon sins. They will be ready in two weeks. Hansomely printed on recycled paper and suitable for framing, you can hang it next to your copy of Walter Williams' absolution from slavery.
(chuckle)

Status
Not open for further replies.