The Most Anticipated Movie of the Summer

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Now that 300 has burst out of the gate WAY too early (120 million in two weeks, in March?) what's left for the summer?

What do you want to see the most?

There's of course the "Threes": Spidey-3, PotC 3, Shrek-3, and Ocean's 10+3....

What else can't you wait to see?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I bet there's a fair number of people waiting for Harry Potter.

I want to see which film comes out the top in the box office: Spiderman, or Pirates.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the preview for Ocean's 13. . . might actually go to see it in the theater. I liked the first two well enough.

Otherwise, I don't really know. Anything else that hasn't been hyped up yet?

What is the sleeper pick?

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
I'm looking forward to HP, Spiderman 3, PotC3 (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End) for sure. Not sure of anything else yet.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I hadn't thought Venom would be in Spidey-3, but that they were setting him up for 4. Now that it seems he'll be in 3, that's my new #1 with a bullet.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I love my summer for the big blockbusters. So Harry Potter, definitely way out in the lead. Then I think Spiderman, then PotC. And I know there are others, but I just can't think of them at the moment. The nice thing about all those sequels is that I have high hopes they will be excellent, not just "Ooh the first one did well, let's make another" (though that is always the main motivation).

Just Me

Not Really Here
Registered
Reaction score
Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, living lik
Website
www.trchelle.com
There are a few I want to see, but if I had to settle on just one, it would definitely be Pirates. I loved the first two movies, and I've been crushing on Johnny Depp for literally half my life. :tongue

My second choice is Spider-Man 3. Again, I loved the first two movies, and this one just looks cool.

~JM.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Does this mean that I have to see Pirates 1 and 2 first? As a movie aficionado I probably should yet I doubt there is any reason that I should actually care.

Well, should I?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Does this mean that I have to see Pirates 1 and 2 first? As a movie aficionado I probably should yet I doubt there is any reason that I should actually care.

Well, should I?

Yeah. Definitely. I don't think PotC3 could stand on its own without info from 1&2. There will be inside jokes you won't get without it.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Pirates. No Question.

Apart from anything else, the first two reminded me in tone of the first two Indiana Jones films. So if At worlds End does what Last Crusade did (with Keith Richards in lieu of Sean Connery), it'll be the bollocks!

Spidey 3? sure, the first two were good enough. I trust Sam Raimi.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com

Well, should I?

I'd say yes - I don't know how much sense the third one will make if you don't.

I can't wait for POC3 - Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keith Richards? I wouldn't miss it. I second the hope that Keith does for this what Sean Connery did for The Last Crusade - that was my favorite of that trilogy.

I'm also looking forward to Harry Potter, but I'll wait a few weeks to see it so I don't get stuck sitting behind the guy who dressed up (complete with wizard's hat) :D

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw Pirates 3. This movie is the craziest thing I have seen on a screen. No joke. I kind of liked it, but the ridiculousness ... let's just say for that every degree the twist the know on the "epic" level, they pay for it in the amount of disbelief suspended willingly.

I'm one for craziness, though, so I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the 2nd, but still nowhere near as good as the 1st.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's not even Memorial Day yet and I've already seen many of the biggies. This is going to be a long summer....

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
None of the above appeals to me. It's gonna be a longer summer for me, love.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I bought my tickets (with my airmiles coupons) and we're going to see Pirates at 9:30 tonight.

What I'm waiting for is The Golden Compass, coming out in the fall or winter, I think.

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
There was a trailer for The Golden Compass on the beginning of Pirates 3. It looks pretty good but it was obvious that the visual effects aren't finished yet. I've been checking up on that one for about a year-and-a-half now. Hope it ends up being good.