I watched IT and now my dog won't go near drains

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I kid you not. Last Friday I watched IT. I always cut across the parking lot at the about the same spot. I've had this puppy for over a month and it was never an issue until the Saturday morning following the movie. I've tested it most every day since and she still won't go. She hunches down, digs in and won't move. It's pretty funny and weird as well. I'll take some pictures and post this weekend. I'll have to wait until my daughter is over so I have someone to take them.

CheshireCat

Mostly purring. Mostly.
Registered
Reaction score
The pup's picking up on your own uneasiness (subconscious though that may be). They pick up a hell of a lot more of our thoughts and feelings than we ever realize.

Either that or there's a really mean clown down in that drain.

I'd be careful.

:D

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
The pup's picking up on your own uneasiness (subconscious though that may be). They pick up a hell of a lot more of our thoughts and feelings than we ever realize.

Either that or there's a really mean clown down in that drain.

I'd be careful.

:D

lol...I didn't even realize they were there. I figured out what she was freaked about after the fact. That happened on one today in a different area and it took me a minute to figure out why she was freaking. I can't get the right perspective because I'm so close to the dog but here are some pics. :)
amelia1.jpg
amelia2.jpg
drain.jpg

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find dogs sometimes walk the master...may be that lil ol kitty cat up above me hiding in that drain-- ;)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
The weirdest thing is that she walked right by these for over a month without issue. I find the timing amusing, but have no clue what's causing it.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Clowns and drains don't bother me.

The thing that scared me the most about IT was Richard Thomas' hair. Oye.

Yeah that was weird. I actually found the movie funny. I didn't like the book a whole lot either. Personally I would laugh out loud if confronted by the clown in the movie.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I adored the book, but just don't understand why (of all actors) they picked Richard Thomas for the lead.

Does not compute.

Although I've been reading rumors for a few months now that someone is going to do a new miniseries for IT. Wonder if that's still in the works....

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
We all float down here...

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
The book scared the crap out of me but the movie just made me laugh a lot. My sister however was a lot younger than me and had never read the book. The movie gave her and my brother nightmares.

To this day, they're both scared of that movie.

My guess is evil clown/ancient spider in the drain. Your puppy is beautiful :)

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com

My first thought after reading the thread title was why would your dog go near drains anyway? They smell and they're usually blocked with leaves.

And clowns. :D

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score

My first thought after reading the thread title was why would your dog go near drains anyway? They smell and they're usually blocked with leaves.

And clowns. :D

The whole point was that she walked all around them, over them, etc. with no issue until the next time she went out after the movie. That was the weird part.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Never having seen the movie, I guess I don't understand. I really don't understand about the dog since I don't think dogs can understand what's happening on a TV.

I don't think they can either. Not only that but IT wasn't a scary movie, not in the least. It was laughable. Maybe it's only scary for dogs and small children.

CheshireCat

Mostly purring. Mostly.
Registered
Reaction score
Never having seen the movie, I guess I don't understand. I really don't understand about the dog since I don't think dogs can understand what's happening on a TV.

You'd think. But my dog, who never sleeps on my bed for various reasons, did her best to climb up there the other night when I was watching a horror movie. So I helped, and I swear she lay there the entire rest of the movie, head up and ears pricked, staring at the screen.

And, no, I wasn't particularly freaked by the movie; I love horror movies.

And, Rumple, I still think your pup was picking up on you -- even if you weren't consciously aware of those drains. Or else there was a skunk or something dead down there, and she smelled it.

Or a clown, of course.

I actually thought the first part of the movie, with the kids, was good and scary. Creeped me out, anyway. (Mind you, I don't really like clowns or mimes.) The second part was okay, had some scary moments -- but the ending fell totaly flat.

The Big Bad that had killed so many and terrorized lives should have been more than a big spider.

I'm just sayin'.