Thoughts about tonight's American Idol (3/20)

Serena Casey

User Titles Rock
Registered
Reaction score
Website
serenacasey.com
I thought Jordin was a showstopper tonight. She absolutely deserves to be in or near the finale. Loved Lakisha and Melinda, as always, but I cast a couple extra votes for Jordin.

The guys were mostly eh tonight "for me," like Randy always says. Great theme—there were some good songs in there I'd forgotten about.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
As always, I thought Blake was excellent. I was really disappointed in Gina because she's one of my favorite and she sucked tonight.

But mostly I was "eh" about a lot of them tonight.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I missed Jordin & Sanjaya (the latter of whom I hear wasn't as bad as usual). I thought this week as a whole was better, but some of my faves just didn't seem as good to me. I swear there were parts where Blake was having pitch problems (although that's a hard song to tell). Lakisha was good... but boring. Melinda was good as always, though. I didn't think Gina was that bad. Hayley, who usually does poorly IMO, had a very engaging performance, though her vocals still aren't up to Melinda, LaKisha, & Jordin's level.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Jordin was excellent. And, yes, Sanjaya sucks. I was surprised the judges liked his performance as much as they did.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And once again they robbed us of House for this!

Reaction score
Is child services looking into the extremely emotionally disturbed little girl that was on the show?

Unless she was a Make a Wish Child or something, I really think someone needs to look into this.

P.S. Lakisha was atroicious. The song was astrocious. The dress and the hair was atrocious.

P.S.S. Good show, but dissappointing song choices. With the entire 60's British Invasion of songs to choose from, most of the songs were just awful.

P.S.S.S. It disturbs me to have to look at Phil Stacy.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I try not to think about it actually. . . . ever.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
When they said "British Invasion" night, I thought there was going to be better songs. "Diamonds are Forever?" Ugh. If you can't get rights to the Beatles, you shouldn't do British Invasion.

As much as I dislike Sanjaya, I didn't actually wish him harm until last night. It was like getting hit in the face with a meat tenderizer.

I think Blood Lord Phil is going home tonight.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Unless she was a Make a Wish Child or something, I really think someone needs to look into this.
Almost an exact quote from me last night: "She'd better have cancer or something!"

P.S.S.S. It disturbs me to have to look at Phil Stacy.
His eyebrows are all that keep him from looking like a Grey alien.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
When they said "British Invasion" night, I thought there was going to be better songs. "Diamonds are Forever?" Ugh. If you can't get rights to the Beatles, you shouldn't do British Invasion.

As much as I dislike Sanjaya, I didn't actually wish him harm until last night. It was like getting hit in the face with a meat tenderizer.
As far as song choices went, Sanjaya picked the one most fitting the theme, but missed the mark in picking a song he could actually deliver.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie went home. Damn. She didn't deserve that. There were many others who did worse last night.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Spoiler warning please (West Coast hasn't seen it, you know)

Last edited:

Excelsior

Don't panic.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only tuning in now to see how far the American public insists on carrying out the running joke that is Sanjaya.

And to see more of Hayley's legs.

Reaction score
As far as song choices went, Sanjaya picked the one most fitting the theme, but missed the mark in picking a song he could actually deliver.

Not only couldn't he deliver it vocally, but did the lyrics ring hollow for anyone else but me?

"Girl, you really got me now."
:rolleyes:

Not that there's anything wrong with him singing that song.
:)

Anyhoooo, he's a really nice kid, but shouldn't be on the show and it's only a matter of time. We've been down this road before.

kevin_covais.jpg