How long is long enough

mommywriter74

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlsparksonline.com
I had an agent request my full manuscript after reading the first three chapters. How long should I give her to get back to me? She's the first one I've ever queried, so I am new to this whole thing! LOL!

Thanks!

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid since you like Don Johnson there won't be a chance. Withdraw the submission and save face while you still can.

mysterygrl

Registered
Reaction score
If you don't hear anything after 3 months, I'd send a polite follow-up email.

But whatever you do, DON'T STOP QUERYING.

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
It could take a long time. (3-12 months) But seriously, good for you for having the full requested so soon. That si a HUGE step!!

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back.:)

Maprilynne

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's awesome! I agree with the others...keep querying and give it many months. FWIW, an agent has had one of my fulls for almost a year now. Three weeks ago, I asked if she wanted to see a revised version, and her assistant said to send it since the agent hadn't gotten around to reading the first round of requested revisions (that I completed about ten months back!). So never say never, but I *did* keep querying, and got other requests in the meantime.

good luck!

Dani Dunn

Huh? What?
Registered
Reaction score
I had an agent request my full manuscript after reading the first three chapters. How long should I give her to get back to me? She's the first one I've ever queried, so I am new to this whole thing! LOL!

Thanks!

Is this a query to a new book or the one that's on your MySpace page?