PDA

View Full Version : I vant to read your book!

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
To continue my pattern (though I realise many others here do foreign sales nice and quiet, but heck I just can't get over it and must shout it from the roof tops) my book has been sold to Romania! How bizzarre is that! And wonderful! My great grandfather was Romanian so it's nice to have that small family connection.

Anyway, uber excited about it and when I am uber excited about things I must share it with you lovely people!

Little Red Barn
03-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Big Congrats and I'm exited for you...how wonderful :)

veinglory
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Great news :)

Calla Lily
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Excellent!:D

J. Weiland
03-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Congrats, Adrienne. When you are translated into Romanian, you know you've hit it big time.

Maprilynne
03-20-2007, 07:05 PM
That's exciting: my brother speaks Romanian and it is such an interesting language. It is one of the oldest Romantic languages and one of the closest to the original latin currently in existence. I guess at one point it bordered on being a dead language, but after communism fell in the soviet, all of the sudden people were speaking Romanian! They'd kept it alive in secret and it sprung right back into the main public once it was allowed.:)

That's very, very cool.

Maprilynne

SarahinOhio
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
That's amazing news. It must be remarkable to think of people halfway around the world picking up your book. Congratulations!!

Leigh Walker
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
That is so great! As a newbie around here I love to hear the success stories....it keeps me going! Yeah for you!!!!!

Kudra
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
That's fantastic! What a great achievement.

maddythemad
03-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, that's soo cool! Way to go! :snoopy:

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Aw thanks guys! It is very cool, I am learning suddenly so much about Romania that I had no idea about. Like that whole latin thing Maprilynne brought up. From pictures I've looked at now, it looks to be a really beautiful country as well.

The Scip
03-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Congrats! Way to go!

skelly
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Yay! I cannot begin to imagine how awesome it must be to know that people in other country's, speaking other languages, are reading and enjoying your work.

Of course, I don't get out much.

Kidding. Congrats to you :)

aadams73
03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Very cool, congrats!!

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Guys can I ask your sincere opinion. I posted this news on another forum and got a very long reply about how enough was enough, that now me updating like this sounds like simple bragging. As such, I want to ask you all should I just stop updating people? I never ever intended this to be showing off or anything, I am honestly simply blown away by all this and wanted to share all the craziness. But PLEASE tell me if it is too much because I don't want to come across as some arrogant fool. I can desist immediately, and to be honest I am slightly embarrassed that people think so ill of me. If people think I have gone too far, I won't make another one of these threads, not to be stubborn, but because I really don't want to offend. It has been done in all joy and celebration, nothing more. So I am so sorry if I have offended anyone here, or given the impression that others' accomplishments aren't as wonderful and worthy as they most certainly are. Sorry.

J. Weiland
03-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I assume you posted in 'Goals and Accomplishments'. If people don't want to congratulate you, they should not post anything.

I've never noticed any negativity in regard to any AWer's accomplishments, though.

Thanks for sharing.

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
It was on a different board where it happened, and in a similar section. I just hate the idea of offending people. It is meant to be a happy thing, but if it isn't then I really don't mind keeping things to myself.

giftedrhonda
03-20-2007, 09:29 PM
If people don't want to read it, they can not click.

In the meanwhile, keep posting that good news. Congrats to you!!!

skelly
03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, that's what you get for whor....going to other boards. :D It sounds like somebody else has the problem, not you. (Insert green monsters here). Good for you Toothpaste ... I am celebrating with you :)

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay I guess I won't worry about then. Thanks guys, for the response and as ever your support!

But seriously please if I am offending anyone out there, I am truly sorry and do let me know.

Arisa81
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
How exciting, congrats

Judg
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Stop apologizing Toothpaste. Rejoicing is what this forum is for. If another board has set up a similar forum and people get their noses out of joint, well maybe they're just jealous. It seems childish to me. I mean, who else is going to rejoice with you if not other writers?

Of course, once I've received about 100 rejections and no acceptances, maybe I'll be good and petty myself. Just ignore me then...

David McAfee
03-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Geez, you'd think people would be happy for you on the other boards, too. I think it's fantastic news, myself, and you SHOULD be happy about it. In no way should you feel that you have to keep that bubbliness locked up for fear of the more jealous amongst us getting offended. Know what? This is Goals and Accomplishments. That is what this forum is for. By all means, shout those accomplishments out to the rest of us. Those of us in the trenches need to be reminded every now and then that it's possible to get out. :)

Congrats in a big, fat, major way, Toothy! Way to go!

Maprilynne
03-20-2007, 11:34 PM
I want to hear about it. It meant a lot to me personally because I have ties to Romania and was under the impression that very, very little gets translated into Romanian. But I was way thrilled to hear that yours was because that makes me hopeful that maybe mine will be too someday.:)

I'm just totally happy for you.:)

Maprilynne

Now if you come on here and make a post for every correction you make on your gallies, that;s probably a little much.:) But a whole new language!!! That's news!!!:)

Toothpaste
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Guys thanks, seriously. You have made me all feel worlds better. But you must let me know if I go too far . . . and Maprilynne thanks for the warning, I naturally assumed everyone would want to hear every little detail of my corrected galleys and had just finished preparing a ten page essay on the subject that I was getting ready to post! Wow, phew, that was a close one!

smallthunder
03-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Gongxi! Gongxi!

(That's "Gongratulations!" in romanized Mandarin Chinese)

I don't see how anybody could take offense at hearing such great & interesting & wow! (ROMANIAN?!) news!

Keep up the good work -- I'm waiting for the Mandarin Chinese version now ...

:partyguy:

Perks
03-21-2007, 01:34 AM
How very cool! Congratulations!

David McAfee
03-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Now if you come on here and make a post for every correction you make on your gallies, that;s probably a little much.:)

I just wanna HAVE galleys to talk about...*sigh*

Saundra Julian
03-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Hell, baby...shout it from the roof tops...anyone who doesn't like it can go soak their heads!

I, for one, find this kind of news exciting and it gives me hope for my own work.:D

Congratulations!! :Hug2:

johnzakour
03-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Romania cool.

I feel so naive though as unlike Aprill, I have absolutely no connection with Romania and can't even point it out on a map.

Toothpaste
03-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys again and again and again!

John, it's funny two days ago I knew nothing about Romania, didn't even know I had Romanian blood in me. Now I feel like I've known about the country forever!

Pike
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Funny how life works in circles. While mine typically spirals out of control it's nice to hear that others move in more postitive arcs. Congrats!

Pike