Reaction score
Anyone see tonight's episode?

Is Ricky Schroeder being placed in a position where if something bad were ever to happen to Jack(or Kiefer has a bad contract negotiation)he would be taking over at CTU?

Very interesting little scene there. I saw something there. I saw something.

What say you, 24 fans?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Anything is possible on 24. Kiefer has been doing this for a few years; he may want to quit and do something else, like... movies. :)

Last edited:

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Kiefer Sutherland in movies? Gee, hard to imagine...

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
There are rumors of a 24 feature film to be set between this season and next season, and Kiefer is supposed to be on board. Makes me wonder if he'll be passing the TV torch and keeping Jack Bauer alive in the movies. Hmmm...

As for tonight's ep, I was so amused to see Schroeder running around with automatic weapons. I kept having strange "Silver Spoons" flashbacks.

The Vice-Prez is nuts. I love Powers Boothe, but can't stand his character. Ugh. Glad to see Karen Hayes and Lennox agreeing on something, though. Maybe they will conspire to toss his ass out of power. ;)

I can't decide if Nadia is actually in on it or not. 24 doesn't usually go the obvious route (which would be for her to be bad), but maybe the producers expect us to think that, and it will turn out that she is bad. Won't Milo feel lke a shmuck for letting her use his passcode?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Is Ricky Schroeder being placed in a position where if something bad were ever to happen to Jack(or Kiefer has a bad contract negotiation)he would be taking over at CTU?

Very interesting little scene there. I saw something there. I saw something.

If they are trying to set him up as the new Jack, he's far too unlikeable for it to actually work. I suspect instead he and Jack will have a smackdown before the season's over.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
If they are trying to set him up as the new Jack, he's far too unlikeable for it to actually work. I suspect instead he and Jack will have a smackdown before the season's over.

Maybe. But Bauer's character is pushing the limits at times as a likable guy. Of course, this is the first season I've watched so I missed a lot about the character.

Still, knock off the damn romantic tryst scenes. BLOW SOMETHING UP, DAMMIT!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard the '24 Movie' rumors, too. As a matter of fact, I think Keifer(what a hottie!) mentioned it himself on the 'Today' Show, last year.

I don't think he's setting himself to leave the series. Just because the only other character left with decent staying power is 'Chloe'.

I really like her character, and she's starting to turn into someone who will blow stuff up for her country.

AND she's already more loyal to Jack than to CTU, so she's either gonna move up or go out with a real big bang, or she'll be the next head of CTU.

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
I think i heard a rumor recently that they might do a season from before the first season, sort of a prequel type thing

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I want to see Jack go out in a blaze of glory, getting his revenge against the Chinese -- being pitted against the Chinese equivalent of CTU, and their star agent, Jackie Chanauer.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I thought kiefer signed recently for another 3 seasons.

He was very good in 'A Few Good Men'

I heard the same. He's still signed for a bit longer (not that there's a way around that, of course). But the movie has a 2008 release date. The script's finished, they film in the hiatus between this season and the next.

I wonder if next season (or maybe the film, then?) Jack's going to investigate Audrey's "death" in China.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:kimmi going to bed now sleeping with her new Jack tee shirt on:

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score

As I watched the last episode (tonight on Tivo), and before I read this thread, i thought exactly the same thing as you.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Anything is possible on 24.

Does anyone other than me see this as a problem in this series? Does anyone other than me regard 24 as one of the most over-rated dramatic series on TV?

Beyond Sutherland, the acting is pedestrian (Sutherland is a good actor, who should probably do some more movies), and . . . what series in TV history could make a nuclear explosion seem . . . well, boring?

caw

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone other than me see this as a problem in this series? Does anyone other than me regard 24 as one of the most over-rated dramatic series on TV?

This is the one show I watch where I can put sensibility behind me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example: Morris just got a drill in his shoulder three hours ago and he's back at work? Give me a break.

But the writers know it's a stretch half the time, they have to. I gave up after season 3 and got sucked back in for 5. This season started out strong but, admittedly, I am getting bored.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
This is the one show I watch where I can put sensibility behind me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For example: Morris just got a drill in his shoulder three hours ago and he's back at work? Give me a break.

The Morris storyline is getting on my nerves. Granted, Chloe's little breathalizer moment this last ep was hilarious, but he just needs to be stuffed into a closet and left there.

Still, I think the most unbelievable injury/swift recovery has to go to the late, great Tony Almeida in Season three. The man is shot in the neck in the third episode, and eight hours later, he's out of surgery and back in charge of CTU. :rolleyes: I loved the character, but come on!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

Beyond Sutherland, the acting is pedestrian (Sutherland is a good actor, who should probably do some more movies), and . . . what series in TV history could make a nuclear explosion seem . . . well, boring?

caw

I think it's good entertainment, but not like the best thing in the world. I actually think the writing is very typical of thrillers -- let's throw everything including the kitchen sink in and switch a few characters from good to evil and back and shock the audience by coming up with something from the left field.

And the use of technologies GRATES me. Come on! Would Chloe really connect to highly secured military databases in a bar over wi-fi? And all that conversation over unsecured airwave on cell phones? Get real.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I am a writer. I know what suspension of disbelief is. But as a techie, that kind of things breaks my suspension of disbelief -- it's just common sense, not rocket science. It makes me mad.

A wifi connection at a BAR?

(Don't even mention that in Firewall, Harrison Ford whipped out his laptop and started checking things online in the middle of nowhere -- without any type of wireless connection! ARGHHHHH!)

That's the kind of things that bug me the most in thrillers, that the writer feels he can just do anything without credibility as long as the readers can suspend their disbelief.

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the same. He's still signed for a bit longer (not that there's a way around that, of course).
I heard that too. Up through S8 or something, I think. So the thought that the Ricky Schroeder character might be lining up at the plate never even crossed my mind. I have to say if they did do that, I'd stop watching. Maybe that makes me a Kiefer fan instead of a 24 fan, but if it didn't have him I wouldn't care about the show at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I'm sure the producers know of that part of the fan base. (Isn't Kiefer an executive producer or something too...?)

I wonder if next season (or maybe the film, then?) Jack's going to investigate Audrey's "death" in China.

On a show like this, I don't believe they are dead until I see a body. ;)
Me too, me too, on both! :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I am a writer. I know what suspension of disbelief is. But as a techie, that kind of things breaks my suspension of disbelief -- it's just common sense, not rocket science. It makes me mad.

A wifi connection at a BAR?

(Don't even mention that in Firewall, Harrison Ford whipped out his laptop and started checking things online in the middle of nowhere -- without any type of wireless connection! ARGHHHHH!)

That's the kind of things that bug me the most in thrillers, that the writer feels he can just do anything without credibility as long as the readers can suspend their disbelief.

Here in LA you can find WiFi almost anywhere. Even some bars. And if you've got wireless broadband, you can get online anywhere you've got cell service. My laptop has a Cingular wireless broadband modem. I don't need to be anywhere near a hotspot to get online.

merper

Registered
Reaction score
They're going to have to start bringing in aliens soon to retire plot twists they've already used 10 thousand times. Have Battlestar Galactica find Earth at the start of season 7 I say - enough Arabs, Eastern Europeans and Chinese - let's see how Bauer handles Psylons.