How do you avoid becoming The Curmudgeon?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It's an unavoidable part of growing older, KTC. Sorry.

Embrace it. Sooner or later, you'll actually enjoy your own curmudgeonlyness. You'll cultivate it. Nurture it. Feed it. Take pride in the levels within it to which you are able to rise.

It's just one tiny step away from being an Old Fart, the epitome of Geezerdom.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Embrace it. Sooner or later, you'll actually enjoy your own curmudgeonlyness. You'll cultivate it. Nurture it. Feed it. Take pride in the levels within it to which you are able to rise.

I've got a six degree belt in Geezerhood.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score

I love my curmudgeonly-ness (god, how the hell do you spell that?). And I'm only 29. I've been one since I was maybe 14. I'm lookin forward to Old-Fart-itude and Geezerdom with great anticipation. :tongue

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
embrace your inner curmudgeon, Kevin.

god knows I am, lately.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You just need to start taking more powerful drugs, Kevin. Then nothing bothers ya.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I embrace my inner curmudgeon whole-heartedly. I find it makes me less prone to taking other people's crap, and I give less of a shit what they think of me. It's a win-win situation.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Y'all sound like you're my clones.

Terrifying thought for the day.

-Derek

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting so cynical lately. I just want to slap everybody across the face. Why am I feeling so miserable? Where did my tolerance for stupidity go!?!?!?! How does one stop oneself from becoming the curmudgeon who stands at his window in preparation of annihilating the next kid who accidentally puts his tennis ball on one's lawn? (Figuratively speaking, of course.) I can't take it any more!
Well KTC, even your doggy avatar looks miserable. Maybe if you start with that... :D And then we can all send you good vibes and of course, maybe you are just suited to be*runs to dictionary* curmudgeon?
My grass is to play on-- tumble and somersault on-- Sidewalks are for my neighbors children to do their art... I purposely leave a bucket of chalk out on my porch for them...
Get out there and take a breath of that Spring air...
hugs kimmi

kct webber

Registered
Reaction score
Git off my damn lawn, ya' damn whipersnappers!

*kids these days. No friggin' respect...*

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I know what your saying, Kev. Lately I've been snarling at innocents. Next I'll be talking to myself-Oh wait . . .damn.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Why would anyone Not want to cynical and curmudgeonely?
Whats the alternative? happy-go-lucky? smiling all the time, finding the bright side. People with that kind of tolerance of the vacuity of modernity make my skin crawl and my knuckles itch.
Be cynical. It has it's advantages; after a while, the frown'll be so set on your face that you won't get hassled by tin-rattlers, market researchers or religious evangelists on the street. Imagine.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Well, I think you're confusing what it means to be a Curmudgeon with being a bitter old person. They are two distinct personalities.

Curmudgeons aren't necessarily bitter. We're crusty. We're ill-tempered. But bitter? No.

I'm certainly not bitter. I take great join in standing on my porch swinging my hockey stick at whatever kid has the nerve to walk across my lawn.

I thoroughly enjoy turning someone into a sobbing heap of quivering insecure flesh when they do something stupid.

That's not bitter. Nope, not at all.

Curmudgeons are fun-loving old people who take great delight in offending younger people by pointing out their faults.

Bitter old people just sit in their rockers and complain loudly about everything.

Curmudgeons take their nasty attitude out in public and revel in annoying others.

Come, join us, Kevin. Revel in curmudgeoness.

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Solution-wise, you either play with kittens, clean your guns, or get some writing done.

-Derek

kct webber

Registered
Reaction score
Why would anyone Not want to cynical and curmudgeonely?
Whats the alternative? happy-go-lucky? smiling all the time, finding the bright side. People with that kind of tolerance of the vacuity of modernity make my skin crawl and my knuckles itch.
Be cynical. It has it's advantages; after a while, the frown'll be so set on your face that you won't get hassled by tin-rattlers, market researchers or religious evangelists on the street. Imagine.

Agreed. And you can't trust anyone who smiles too much. Further, when you are smiling, girlscouts are more likely to bother you about some those damn cookies.

*grumbles and walks back to porch. But not bitterly, Ferret*

Reaction score
Embrace your inner curmudgeon.

If that's what having zero tolerance for stupidity is, then bring it on. There are some things that deserve no compromise and stupidity in others is one of them. As is rudeness.

kct webber

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... A curmudgeonly cult. Interesting idea.

But who could we worship?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One (not THE) solution to being a curmudgeon - children or grandchildren. Either spawn or get your children going on it, Kevin. It you are in the between age for either, just be patient. Children humble old farts out of become curmudgeonly. Grandchildren revel them from it.

Reaction score
Never heard of any of 'em.

The King of all Curmudgeons is Victor Meldrew.

Victor_meldrew.JPG

Reaction score
One (not THE) solution to being a curmudgeon - children or grandchildren. Either spawn or get your children going on it, Kevin. It you are in the between age for either, just be patient. Children humble old farts out of become curmudgeonly. Grandchildren revel them from it.

Loada shite!*

How do you explain my grandad then? He was curmudgeonly 'til his last breath and I, my dear Fizzyneurons, am carrying the flame into the next millennium. Curmudgeonliness lives on into eternity in the form of curmudgeonlypeaches!

*I was being curmudgeonly.