Dad pays Bogdanovich $100K to hire son as flunky

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
So Bogdanovich takes the money an splits.

How weird is this sory?

A Canadian businessman claims that he paid Peter Bogdanovich $100,000 to secure a job for his son, but that the position never materialized and the movie director has pocketed the money. Businessman Iaroslav Jivov alleges that Bogdanovich, 67, and bis business manager, William Peiffer, agreed in 2005 to give Jivov's son Matt a job as Bogdanovich's assistant on the director's next film. According to a lawsuit filed by the Jivovs, in exchange for the $100,000, Bogdanovich, who was to "serve as mentor to Matt and train him for the assistant position and for future movie-making."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0316071peter1.html

This kid deserves his own reality show.

Before Matt Jivov set off on a career in cinema (he has directed a short film set at the end of World War II), he played as a goaltender on an Ontario hockey team owned by his father. The junior league squad's coach and general manager were sacked in 1999 after choosing to start another goalie ahead of the younger Jivov, according to Canadian press reports. The elder Jivov claimed that the firings had nothing to do with his son's demotion to backup netminder.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
This kid deserves his own reality show

I can see it now...

Hire Me or My Daddy Will Sue premieres next week on the WTF network. Check local listings for time and channel number.