Happy St. Patrick's Day!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Even if you aren't Irish, it's an excuse to drink green beer and visit a good pub. So here's to St. Paddy and to those of us with a bit of the Emerald Isle in us.

shamrock-layered-cutout.jpg

5971068_3d3066947d_m.jpg

Reaction score
I ain't Irish, but it's one of my favorite days of the year.

Maybe because it's the biggest drinking day of the year.

And do to that, I am staying home tonight and resting up for the big day tomorrow.

Two shifts of drinking.

Hopefully I will get into to the Irish Pub at about 1PM tomorrow where there will be live music, food and drink.

I will stay there until 4-5PM.

Go home. Eat. Drink Water. Maybe catch a nap.

And then head back out at about 9PM for round two.

A great great day here in Boulder and around the world.

Thank you.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
It's all good . . . Patrick was a Welshman, anyway :D
Well there ya go, I know there's a Welshman hangin' in my family tree somewhere...Cheers!!

My BIL puts on a big bash every year ... complete with the best corned beef and cabbage I've ever had and yes, green beer. My job is to bring the hard liquor.
And Jello shots.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Happy day to all who celebrate. Be safe, be smart, enjoy the craic and the tunes!
By the way, if it's a good pub they won't have green beer or those stupid shite shamrocks drawn in the Guinness foam.

This day is such a spectacle in this country.

I swear to God if someone comes up to me tomorrow and says, "Oh, you're Irish! I am too!" in a fake, Lucky Charms accent and then tries to pinch me because I'm not fekkin' wearing green, I'm gonna kick 'em in the ding-ding.

I'll raise my shot of Jameson's to the good saint, drive by the church (but won't go in ;) ), stop by my old pub and have a pint, kick up the old tunes and have a laugh...But I won't wear any shamrock antennae-deelybobber things, say any form of the phrase, "Top O' the mornin' to ya," or answer any questions about the "troubles".

The "Kiss me I'm Irish" shirt is right out.

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
am i supposed to feel particularly irish today?

last night i thought maybe i'd drink something.... but i drank a budweiser

just now, i put on the dubliners, then realised i'm in the mood for down home blues..

i'm going to town in a suit, and if anybody invades my person with a ridiculous accent or some green plastic, well i might lash out with my pure irish hands.

ah well ah well, it should be a good day. i suppose anyone watching the news will be seeing footage from dublin, but we get the 2nd best parade here down south, so watch for me just in case.

i'm going to take a shower...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Green beer all around!

Well, maybe not right now . . . it's 5:00 o'clock in the morning.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 1/4th Irish, My daughter 1/8th, my grandson 1/16th. Those Italians are bleeding the green out of us.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 1/4th Irish, My daughter 1/8th, my grandson 1/16th. Those Italians are bleeding the green out of us.
Irish and Italians, huh? I'm sure get-togethers at your house are stoic affairs . . .

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Worse: Italian, Irish, and Brit.

Annie O

...fueled on Cadburys
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
In my little cottage on Dartmoor...with the pixies
I wish I was in America 'cause they know how to celebrate St. Patrick's Day proper. I'm a wee Irish girl in England and I doubt that I'll hear any drunken Irish songs here. Oh well!

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 English, 1/4 Slovak. I love to fight with myself, argue about why I'm fighting with myself, then go buy myself a drink to get over it all. (KIDDING, by the way. I love my heritage!)

I can do a passing-well Irish accent, although it tends to take on some Scottish qualities that my cousins from Inverness call 'cute'. Believe me, I bow to the masters, and will listen for hours to anyone speaking with a proper accent.

I celebrate because its a part of who I am. I don't drink green beer, but I'll do a shot of Bushmills with anyone who asks!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Dang it, Foinah, you spoiled all of my Irish-themed surprises I had planned for you! :partyguy:

I'm going to go watch Darby O'Gill and the Little People and sulk in my Harps. But first Irn Bru! The breakfast of champions!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a drop of Irish in me (1/2 Danish, 1/2 German) but today is one of my favorite days of the year...and I don't even drink beer. I figure I'll just do shots of Apple Pucker all evening...it's green. And I'll dig my favorite St Patty's day shirt out of the closet for tonight. It says, "Kiss me, I'm Irish today."

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I marched in the NY Saint Pat's Day parade around 1997. My boss was elected grand Marshall by the NYCTA Emerald Society (I think there's a grand Marshall for each group, then a grand Marshall of the whole parade.) It was fun--especially after the parade.