Rep points and Smilies

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The easiest way is to use the character set for that particular smilie, for example: :) for happy. There are lists of the character set for various smilies. I don't know them all offhand.

MDavis

The Brunette She-Ra
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you do the drop down smiley menu (in a regular posting setting) it'll give you the codes for each smiley. Usually some variation of ; ) (;)) or : D :)D) etc.

Keep in mind I put spaces between those typed examples so the forum wouldn't automatically make them real smileys.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
If you do the drop down smiley menu (in a regular posting setting) it'll give you the codes for each smiley. Usually some variation of ; ) (;)) or : D :)D) etc.

Keep in mind I put spaces between those typed examples so the forum wouldn't automatically make them real smileys.

Yeah, good job. ;)

Deleted member 42

Keep in mind that some people have the emoticons/smilies turned off in their CPanel, so they might not see the images -- just some very odd looking text.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of'm. Emoticons are the devil's trademarks.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I thought that was rock 'n' roll?

I'm so confused.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
.....I did not just look at him upside down.

*stomps off*

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Okay, how many posts do I have now? How long have I been posting on these boards? And I didn't know the answer to that question about smilies in reps? Seriously, I was wondering that myself but didn't ask. Thank you, The Lady, from a not-so-stormy, sort-of-calm, person.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
Okay, how many posts do I have now? How long have I been posting on these boards? And I didn't know the answer to that question about smilies in reps? Seriously, I was wondering that myself but didn't ask. Thank you, The Lady, from a not-so-stormy, sort-of-calm, person.

Ha, I looked long and hard for an answer to that question before I asked. I don't admit ignorance easily.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why would they do that? Rep points are nice but rep points with smilies are way nicer.
They are "pros" and "antis" to everything. Hell, some people hate babies. And cats!

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Last edited:

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I didn't even know how to put smilies in any of my posts... I just opened that link and made a print of all the short cuts. Thanks guys.

Indeed. So where's my rep point with the test smilie. Everybody else has given me one. Thanks is not enough sometimes but a simple rep point might suffice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.