PDA

View Full Version : Rep points and Smilies

The Lady
03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
How do I put a smilie in a rep point. Everyone's doing it, why I can't I? :cry:

And see how much I love the little buggers.

alleycat
03-17-2007, 12:51 AM
The easiest way is to use the character set for that particular smilie, for example: :-) for happy. There are lists of the character set for various smilies. I don't know them all offhand.

MDavis
03-17-2007, 01:19 AM
If you do the drop down smiley menu (in a regular posting setting) it'll give you the codes for each smiley. Usually some variation of ; ) (;)) or : D (:D) etc.

Keep in mind I put spaces between those typed examples so the forum wouldn't automatically make them real smileys.

PeeDee
03-17-2007, 01:22 AM
If you do the drop down smiley menu (in a regular posting setting) it'll give you the codes for each smiley. Usually some variation of ; ) (;)) or : D (:D) etc.

Keep in mind I put spaces between those typed examples so the forum wouldn't automatically make them real smileys.

Yeah, good job. ;)

The Lady
03-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Ah ha thank you all. Now my rep points don't have to look so po faced. And I will go practise.

The Lady
03-17-2007, 01:56 AM
:D

The Lady
03-17-2007, 01:59 AM
It works. Sorry a little more practising coming up. ;) :) :banana: :guns:
Ok that should cover most everything I'll ever need in a rep point.

Medievalist
03-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Keep in mind that some people have the emoticons/smilies turned off in their CPanel, so they might not see the images -- just some very odd looking text.

The Lady
03-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Keep in mind that some people have the emoticons/smilies turned off in their CPanel, so they might not see the images -- just some very odd looking text.

Why would they do that? Rep points are nice but rep points with smilies are way nicer.

Rich
03-17-2007, 03:37 AM
I'm one of'm. Emoticons are the devil's trademarks.

PeeDee
03-17-2007, 03:41 AM
I thought that was rock 'n' roll?

I'm so confused.

The Lady
03-17-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm one of'm. Emoticons are the devil's trademarks.

What, even this one.:hi: He's so cute. Look at him. He's kinda shy. Admittedly if you look at him upside down there is a hidden message.

PeeDee
03-17-2007, 03:45 AM
.....I did not just look at him upside down.

*stomps off*

The Lady
03-17-2007, 03:48 AM
.....I did not just look at him upside down.

*stomps off*

:D Now try the banana:banana:

stormie
03-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Okay, how many posts do I have now? How long have I been posting on these boards? And I didn't know the answer to that question about smilies in reps? Seriously, I was wondering that myself but didn't ask. Thank you, The Lady, from a not-so-stormy, sort-of-calm, person.

The Lady
03-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Okay, how many posts do I have now? How long have I been posting on these boards? And I didn't know the answer to that question about smilies in reps? Seriously, I was wondering that myself but didn't ask. Thank you, The Lady, from a not-so-stormy, sort-of-calm, person.

Ha, I looked long and hard for an answer to that question before I asked. I don't admit ignorance easily.

stormie
03-17-2007, 04:17 AM
Yes!! I just sent you (The Lady) a rep and you got my smilie! Nice to know I wasn't alone in that department.

The Lady
03-17-2007, 04:53 AM
And you got my banana? :D

alleycat
03-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Why would they do that? Rep points are nice but rep points with smilies are way nicer.
They are "pros" and "antis" to everything. Hell, some people hate babies. And cats!

Rolling Thunder
03-17-2007, 05:00 AM
If you open this link:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001

and bookmark it, you can open it with a right click in a new window or tab and cut/ paste the codes, too. :)

The Lady
03-17-2007, 05:11 AM
If you open this link:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001

and bookmark it, you can open it with a right click in a new window or tab and cut/ paste the codes, too. :)

:hooray:T hat is clever in so many ways. Imagine, people knew this all along. Also discovered you have to open a new window or you loose your message.

expatbrat
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I didn't even know how to put smilies in any of my posts... I just opened that link and made a print of all the short cuts. Thanks guys.

The Lady
03-20-2007, 04:40 AM
I didn't even know how to put smilies in any of my posts... I just opened that link and made a print of all the short cuts. Thanks guys.

Indeed. So where's my rep point with the test smilie. Everybody else has given me one. Thanks is not enough sometimes but a simple rep point might suffice. ;)