What's your top 3?

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Opinions -- Based on the writing and character building, what are your top 3 favorite shows on TV right now?

Mine are as follows --
1. Dexter
2. Lost (seasons 1 and 2) Although, this season seems to be trying too hard.
3. Deadwood

If you haven't seen Dexter yet, you must drop everything and do so. To me, it's like heroin for the mind. :)

Last edited:

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
On right now?

3. Heroes

I was on the fence with Heroes. To me, it started its early episodes with promise, but has been declining since. Its turning into your definition of Grey's Anatomy for me. :) (Except for the Patrick Dempsey gazing, of course.)

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I was on the fence with Heroes. To me, it started its early episodes with promise, but has been declining since. Its turning into your definition of Grey's Anatomy for me. :) (Except for the Patrick Dempsey gazing, of course.)

I'm actually the opposite. The first few eps didn't catch me right away, and I missed a few. Then I caught it again out of boredom and something about it hooked me. Now it's Can't Miss TV. :tongue

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You watch tv for character building?

Dang . . . I watch for hot guys. But okay, one of my favorites for intelligent writing and characters is The Closer. Oh, and Eureka has interesting characters and pretty snappy dialog. I'm not sure there's anything else I want to admit to watching.

Oh, well MI-5 (Spooks) is pretty good. At least they have the guts to kill major players.

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
The only show I watch that's still airing new episodes is House, but I watch that on DVD anyway, 'cause my roommate has the first two seasons.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
1) C.S.I. (Vegas, the one and only)
2) Jericho
3) Lost (3rd season still not screening in Denmark)

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Current shows? Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs and Mail Call. Three best TV shows ever? The original Outer Limits, the original Twilight Zone, and The Andy Griffith Show (before it went color; I'm serious. We dissected this in one of my college television production classes; it was the most perfectly-crafted thirty minutes then on the tube).

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
BSG
Heroes
Dresden

In no particular order.

-Derek

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
If we are talking documentaties, then my alternative list would be.

1) Going Ape
2) Dirty Jobs (although, they are not that dirty anymore)
3) Deadliest Catch

Tachyon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tachyondecay.net
1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Stargate SG-1
3. Doctor Who

I'm sad that Stargate SG-1 is coming to an end, but at least it is ending while it's still strong and successful. Stargate Atlantis is okay, but not great. Maybe it will be able to step out of its parent's shadow and hit its stride now.

The season finale for Doctor Who made me cry. Silly CBC hasn't shown the Christmas special yet, so I'm eagerly awaiting that....

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
If we are talking documentaties, then my alternative list would be.

1) Going Ape
2) Dirty Jobs (although, they are not that dirty anymore)
3) Deadliest Catch
Well, the OP was talking top tv shows. I didn't classify mine as top documentaries. I classified it as the top shows I watched. I think most of the dramas out there are for crap. They aren't anywhere near as entertaining to me as the shows I listed. I'm even wondering if a drama can even crack my top 10 favorite shows.

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
1. Heroes
2. The Black Donnellys
3. Blade: The Series

I absolutely love Heroes and think it's actually getting good; tho a couple episodes (literally 1 or 2) have been boring, but ended up setting up realli good episodes afterward.

As for the Black Donnellys. Omg...I just adore it. :) Definitely like a few lil points behind Heroes. It just reminds me so much of one of my fav. movies (the Departed) as well as stories about my ancestors and yadda. (I'm actually Italian...but the whole mafia-ish thing fits).

As for Blade: The Series. I just realli like that show lol.

And my 4th fave would be Kyle XY. It's realli interesting; so...I'm waiting for the next season; just like i'm waiting for the next season of Blade. :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
1. Studio 60 (I'm assuming it's coming back)
2. Doctor Who (though, technically, I'm watching the series downloaded from England. We don't get Sci-Fi)
3. Heroes

House, M.D. used to be on the list, but I'm sick of nothing ever changing. Seriously, how can the characters be surprised when House does something to get pain meds anymore? We get promised character development, & we don't actually get it. I'm tired of it.

Last edited: