What are your favorite paintings?

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
let's see 'em.

maybe a link instead of adding the images to the thread to save the dawnette.

:Shrug:

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
I was going to say Conan the Conqueror by Frank Frazetta....but what if you all pretend I picked something hanging in the Louvre, instead?

Last edited:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Reaction score
My favorite painting is the one I have on my wall that I bought at a local flea market last summer.

I don't think it has a name.

But it's a painting of a small farmhouse and the front porch area and right in front of the house is a small cemetery where I guess people or family members who lived in the house are now buried. I bought the painting because the house really looks like where I live.

I'm looking at it now. It's a great painting.

Wait a second...there's like a guy who's actually peaking over one of the graves and kind of looks like he's crawling out or something. I never saw that before. Wow. Every time I look at this thing, I see something new. That's great art. But....

WEEIRDORAMA.

Anyway...it's an awesome painting. I wish I knew the name. Let me check...maybe there's a name under the signature.

Oh boy...hmmmf...Glancing back at the painting I see the guy that was crawling out of the grave is now walking towards the house. I'm a little freaked out, people. I admit it.

Jeeez. The house really looks like the place I live and he's now at the front door.

I'm flipping out here a little bit.

Anyway....whatever. Great painting. I'm totally trying to get into art these days.

Hang on, there's a knock at my door. BRB for lack of a better internet...uh... whatever the right word is for BRB or LOL. Let me get this knock.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I have always been so mesmerized by Salvador Dali. I could look at his works and get lost in them for hours. He is definitely a favorite.

Someone mentioned She-Wolf, another favorite of mine.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
Anything by Dali. Signs of the Zodiac is a very powerful piece to me. I own Faust Reading another powerful piece that hangs above my computer. It reminds me of the dangers of making a deal with the devil to obtain what you want. Plus, it makes me feel lucky that I have found true love and don't need the devil's help in that area.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I like it when a serious artist displays a populist touch--you know, like Van Gogh's Dogs Playing Poker on the Cafe Terrace in Arles.

doggiessmaller.jpg

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Almost any portrait by Rembrandt. This self-portrait may be my favorite. The detail blows me away. I like a lot--nearly all--of the other paintings and artists you all have posted, but for portraiture, Rembrandt is it.

Maryn

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir