What didn't college prepare you for? Need interviewees for secured book deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acousticgroupie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently compiling a book with a secured publisher about what people don't learn in college. The book combines real-life stories from recent graduates with time-honored insight from industry experts.

I need more grads to interview! Would you mind filling out the questionnaire at http://www.kristenfischer.com/college.htm or sending a friend over to the site? I can use more submissions ASAP and would love to hear from you!

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you the one thing college DID prepare me for - parallel parking. Man, those parking spaces were small and scarce. Now I can parallel everything from a Mini to a 26 foot motor home. Believe me, this is a lot more useful than a lot of stuff I learned.

Vanatru

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
College taught me that all those cool movies (like Animal House and Back to School) where bogus. No wild parties, no hot babes, no excessive drinking.

We had to go off campus for all that stuff.

That and how little real world experience most of the professors had in comparison to the students who were taking the classes. Particulary the night class students.

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
I learned all I needed to know in college. The problem is that nobody in the so-called "real world" gives a shit about what I knew.

vile

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vileblack.com
College taught me that all those cool movies (like Animal House and Back to School) where bogus. No wild parties, no hot babes, no excessive drinking.

We had to go off campus for all that stuff.

That and how little real world experience most of the professors had in comparison to the students who were taking the classes. Particulary the night class students.

Really? You went to the wrong school, then! I had a blast in college. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.