PDA

View Full Version : No House...What a bummer!

rhymegirl
03-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, last night I turned on the TV at 9 expecting to watch "House" and what did I find out?

Not on! Sh*t! Instead, an extended hour of freakin' American Idol. What a bummer.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
My sentiments, exactly. It's making me anti-American Idol.

Is is really necessary to, constantly have 1 and 1/2 hour shows?

It's pissing me off!

I want House, back.

Best show on TV.

Thank you, Kathy for bringing this important piece of news to everyone's attention :)

alleycat
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I could almost swear House was on here. I'm not sure though.

I didn't watch it but I can probably tell you the plot.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I could almost swear House was on here. I'm not sure though.

I didn't watch it but I can probably tell you the plot.
Okay, it was on, on Monday.

Please don't scare me like that, AC. I've only had 1 cup of coffee.

alleycat
03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
What time zone are you two in? I'm in Central. Since AI is live; maybe they show something else here.

I'm not sure about any of this. I keep the TV on in the evenings but sometimes I barely watch it.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm in CT/Eastern. On Mon., they showed the Meningitis break-out, repeat.

rhymegirl
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
My sentiments, exactly. It's making me anti-American Idol.
Best show on TV.

Thank you, Kathy for bringing this important piece of news to everyone's attention :)

You're welcome. I'm glad to do my part.

Serenity
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Bones is back tonight, and I think House returns next week for a return to its regular schedule.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Bones is back tonight, and I think House returns next week for a return to its regular schedule.
House does indeed return, next week. Thank the lord.

Bones is a good show, too. I've only recently started watching it.

rhymegirl
03-14-2007, 04:00 PM
What time zone are you two in? I'm in Central. Since AI is live; maybe they show something else here.

I'm not sure about any of this. I keep the TV on in the evenings but sometimes I barely watch it.

Eastern time.

I watch very few TV shows these days. I can't stand reality TV. House is one show I happen to like because it deals with medical issues which I find very interesting. I like trying to solve the mystery of what the patient has wrong. The acting is good, the writing is good. The main character says some awfully funny stuff. He can be nasty but funny at the same time.

thethinker42
03-14-2007, 04:37 PM
ACK!! No wonder "House" hasn't been showing up on my Tivo lately. I kept checking to see if I accidentally deleted the recording. Stupid American Idol...House is sooooo much better.

In fact, next season, Dr. House should replace Simon as a judge. He has even less tact and could hit them with his cane.

Namatu
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Okay, it was on, on Monday.

Please don't scare me like that, AC. I've only had 1 cup of coffee.
I thought I saw that as I settled in to 24! Was that a new episode or a rerun? House took a while to grow on me, but now I have to see it, and there is far too much American Idol.

Maryn
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Fox ran a repeat episode of "House" Monday, as if that would appease us. Wrong day, wrong time, rerun, and we're supposed to be okay with that?

Maryn, as sour as House but less clever by far

K1P1
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
And here I was worried you were homeless...

Jaycinth
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Fox ran a repeat episode of "House" Monday, as if that would appease us. Wrong day, wrong time, rerun, and we're supposed to be okay with that?

Maryn, as sour as House but less clever by far

....and it was an old-old old much re-run repeat....

Grrrrrrr...Grrrrr...Grrrrrr I took it as a sign that God wants me to spend more time writing...so I did. But I wasn't happy about it.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 05:41 PM
....and it was an old-old old much re-run repeat....

Grrrrrrr...Grrrrr...Grrrrrr I took it as a sign that God wants me to spend more time writing...so I did. But I wasn't happy about it.
Hmm. God must be pretty pissed...it is Lent...

brianm
03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Glad you aren't out on the street, but I must confess I've never heard of that show.

However, I do watch American Idol.

(dashes to nearest exit)

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 06:08 PM
:tongue

Bmwhtly
03-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Fox ran a repeat episode of "House" Monday, as if that would appease us. Wrong day, wrong time, rerun, and we're supposed to be okay with that?That sounds like Fox, the numbskulls.
Why do I dislike fox? I hear you cry. Two words, Firefly & Futurama.
But that's another thread.

*stares slack-jawed for a moment*
Get Him!

MidnightMuse
03-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Lord, I thought this was a thread about someone having been in escrow only to not get the house.

<--- doesn't watch the show.

alleycat
03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Eastern time.

I watch very few TV shows these days. I can't stand reality TV. House is one show I happen to like because it deals with medical issues which I find very interesting. I like trying to solve the mystery of what the patient has wrong. The acting is good, the writing is good. The main character says some awfully funny stuff. He can be nasty but funny at the same time.
I would have probably kept the TV on PBS. At least they have some things I enjoy.

But, my local channel is running one of those fund drives with "specials". I usually find their specials less interesting than their regular programing. Last night that had a special on . . . Jerry Lee Lewis. Sorry, him and his music are just not my "thing". His cousin was cute though. Imagine having your first period and your honeymoon all at the same time.

Shwebb
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
But Dr. Gregory House is great! Almost a psychopath, but tortured enough to be human. Says things we can only dream of, but he gets away with it.

Love the one-liners.

And last week, when he sort-of faked cancer so he could be in a clinical trial? Man, that was low. And the line, when he tried to follow his boss back to her bedroom? She said, "Try the Make-a-Wish Foundation." Oh, yeah. Good stuff.

My best friend comes over every Tuesday for House night.

Jean Marie
03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Make a wish foundation...classic House!

aadams73
03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
*Humph!* I'm extremely bitter about House being bumped for America's Most Talentless Morons.

rhymegirl
03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Glad you aren't out on the street, but I must confess I've never heard of that show.

(dashes to nearest exit)

Oh, Brian....my attack cat wants a word with you.

writerterri
03-14-2007, 10:05 PM

(dashes to nearest exit)

Cowers with brianm in the corner.

WildScribe
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't own a TV, but I agree from what I've seen of it that american idoit is a waste of time. As for House... my cousin left us the first two seasons, and we ate 'em up. YUM! I want more!

dclary
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
And it was a rerun this week anyway so get your panties out of a bunch.

TrainofThought
03-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Well, last night I turned on the TV at 9 expecting to watch "House" and what did I find out?I'm with ya sista, I LOVE ‘House’ instead of watching it I had to dream about Hugh.

Hey, what happened last week, it was supposed to be about everyone finding out something about House? Wasn’t that last week? Can anyone fill me in? Anyone?

rhymegirl
03-14-2007, 11:43 PM
And it was a rerun this week anyway so get your panties out of a bunch.

Excuse me? Are you talking to me? (best Bobby DeNiro voice)

Shwebb
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm with ya sista, I LOVE ‘House’ instead of watching it I had to dream about Hugh.

Hey, what happened last week, it was supposed to be about everyone finding out something about House? Wasn’t that last week? Can anyone fill me in? Anyone?
Heh. Isn't every week like that?

I think that a couple of weeks ago, House revealed to a patient that he'd been abused by his father (played by the "Mail Call" and "Full-Metal Jacket" guy, R. Lee Ermey). Didn't say what sort of abuse. I suppose that we'll find out something.

Last week was the one with the musical savant played by Dave Matthews.

TrainofThought
03-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Heh. Isn't every week like that?

I think that a couple of weeks ago, House revealed to a patient that he'd been abused by his father (played by the "Mail Call" and "Full-Metal Jacket" guy, R. Lee Ermey). Didn't say what sort of abuse. I suppose that we'll find out something.

Last week was the one with the musical savant played by Dave Matthews.Okay, then maybe it is coming up. They were showing premiere's of an episode where they find out a secret about House and it's serious. His doctor friend was talking to the female doctor saying don't tell him you know. Or maybe it was the episode where they find out he is a drug addict and I'm just confused.

Thanks Shwebb.