PDA

View Full Version : Happy Daylight Savings Time Day!

robeiae
03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Daylight Savings Time starts today. How are you celebrating it?

What? It's kind of a holiday...

Anyway, don't forget to move your clocks ahead by one hour (two hours for you, Terri).

Rich
03-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Resetting clocks and watches right now. I'm on a coffee break. Will continue resetting in fifteen minutes.

Vincent
03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
It's just another day invented by Hallmark to sell cards.

Rich
03-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You think it''s one
But it's really two.

Happy SpringForward day!

(That'll be two dollars plus tax, please.)

Lyra Jean
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM
:ROFL:

I'm going to the medieval faire and to a time before clocks were invented. I just can't deal with the jump right now.

Does this mean we travelled into the future?

ritinrider
03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Daylight Savings Time starts today. How are you celebrating it?

What? It's kind of a holiday...

Anyway, don't forget to move your clocks ahead by one hour (two hours for you, Terri).

I'm trying to remember how to reset the time on my computer. It's either reset it or wait until the first Sunday in April when it'll reset it'self. Not that important since I usually forget there's even a little clock there. Still, it'd be nice to have the correct time. Anybody wanna help a techno challenged ?

tourdeforce
03-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Along with the flouridation of our drinking water, Daylight Savings Time is one of the Communists most insidious and nefarious plots ever.

thethinker42
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
It's just another day invented by Hallmark to sell cards.

Shit. Another card I forgot to send to my in-laws. Scratch me off the will...

Parkinsonsd
03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Where's my damn coffee.

kdnxdr
03-11-2007, 06:46 PM
So...........what we are really doing is moving our clocks one hour forward, three weeks ahead? Somebody do the math for me, my head is spinning!

Dawno
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
bleh. I want my hour of sleep back.

Nangleator
03-11-2007, 06:49 PM
This is a little freaky. My computer already has the right time. Didn't we change what day it happened this year?

Who told my computer? :Huh:

kdnxdr
03-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Evidence............They can think for themselves. Soon, your computer won't need you.

Shwebb
03-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Well, I wanted to celebrate by sleeping in an hour later, which would be the normal sleep time, right? So who told my kids to get up an hour earlier?

Will someone tell me how to set the clock on my kids? Please?!!

ChaosTitan
03-11-2007, 07:05 PM
To celebrate daylight-saving?

Coffee.

Writing.

Finally watch THE DEPARTED.

Writing.

Dinner.

Bed.

Maryn
03-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Will someone tell me how to set the clock on my kids? Please?!!You don't even want to know where the little wheel is located... At least on kids it doesn't take an allen wrench, though.

Maryn, who's got one stubborn clock

Maryn
03-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm trying to remember how to reset the time on my computer. It's either reset it or wait until the first Sunday in April when it'll reset it'self. Not that important since I usually forget there's even a little clock there. Still, it'd be nice to have the correct time. Anybody wanna help a techno challenged ?Right-click on the time in the lower right corner of your screen. You should get a menu which includes something like "Change/Adjust Date and Time." It's easy from there.

Maryn, who's got computers in need of such assistance

Dawno
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm in a hotel in Portland, OR right now (got to meet up with Mac, Medievalist, PThom, Batgirl, avocadodesperado, and a bunch of other neat-o writers at Potlatch SF Con) and I asked for a wake up call last night. At 7 a live person called me (which is unusual these days) then at 8 the automated system called. Now I can't remember if I asked for a 8 am call and the live person was messed up or if the system was. It's time for a nap.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
::mutter...grumble...gripe::

rhymegirl
03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
It's Daylight Savings Time?

brianm
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I notice that AW's clocks have not been changed. My computer didn't change over this morning, because I apparently didn't get the update for it to do that. Why did they move this time change ahead two weeks? I still don't understand that. It was suppose to happen in a fortnight.

rhymegirl
03-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Why did they move this time change ahead two weeks? I still don't understand that.

Just to confuse us.

writerterri
03-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Oops we forgot to set our clocks ahead last night.

I'm going back to bed...

Sage
03-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Somehow the clock on the cats got reset. They insisted at 4 p.m. that it was food time..., just like they did before the time change (their actual food time is suppose to be 5, but they've never believed that). Waah, I should have gotten an extra hour of no complaining.