Daylight Savings

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Remember, it's 3 weeks earlier this year. Spring forward on Sunday, March 11.

this has been your friendly public reminder

Reaction score
737182_356x237.jpg

"Why do they call it Daylight savings? And when can I make a withdrawl? Who has the ATM card for this thing and what's our balance? Haven't we saved enough? We've been putting some in every year since I was kid. I'd like to start spending."

24.jpg

"That's gold, Jerry!"

Reaction score
I texted a friend last October to say, "Remember - the clocks went forward last night!"

Ho ho! :D

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Up where I live it's really stoooooopid, especially from the end of May to late July, when the sun is up 18-20 hours each day, and it never really gets dark.

caw

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Actually, it's spring back, fall forward.

just like confusing people.
:tongue

Why do they say, "Spring! Forward!" Like it's leapfrog, or something. Or, as if you're supposed to have an extra spring in your step, after losing an hour of sleep--huh?

I guess they couldn't say, "Drag your sorry ass forward." Might offend, someone...

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They should call it: Search for hours to locate the instructions to your ridiculously complicated clock radio so you don't muck up your alarm, time.

Or: Tell that friggin' cat to change HIS clock!

Maybe: Whaddaya mean, Arizona doesn't switch?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
:tongue

Why do they say, "Spring! Forward!" Like it's leapfrog, or something. Or, as if you're supposed to have an extra spring in your step, after losing an hour of sleep--huh?

I guess they couldn't say, "Drag your sorry ass forward." Might offend, someone...

It's to remind you what season what happens. In SPRING you go forward an hour. In FALL you go back.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Damn! I took tomorrow night off work for a banquet. I love working for the spring time change. 11 hours of work, 12 hours of pay. It sucks in the fall when I have to work a 13 hour shift instead of 12.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Why? You lose a frigging hour of sleep!

It's psychological, I love the Sunday because it means that spring is right around the corner. Spring means the end of endless days of bad weather, gray skies and torrents of rain or piles of snow. Fall back is always harder for me because it symbolizes the start of the rainy/cold/damp/snowy season.

Plus - some of us don't work, for reasons outside of our control so the hour of sleep won't be lost. When I used to have a career (and worked 60+ hours a week), I would pretend that the time change happened beginning with Friday night so by the time Monday morning got there, I was fairly used to the change.

Judy

PS - Sorry about your lost hour of sleep.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
threedogpeople, that's not a bad idea.

Kristie, sorry about the 13th hour of work in the fall.

I still think it sucks and they should just pick a time and stick with it. It takes me over a week to adjust, no matter if it is spring or fall, which makes it a ***** to get up and excercise and all that stuff. I should go because, man, I could go on and you all are probably just here to have fun.

Carryon. :D

One year, I made it to church on time on sunday, but I was late for work on Monday. How you say? Well, I thought I was going to the early service and but when I got to church I found it was time for the late service and then I forgot when I got home to adjust my clock. *slaps forehead*

Sass- who hasn't been to church in a long while.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The hardest part is getting up at 2:00 am Sunday to reset the clocks.

;-)

Oh, and while your resetting all the clocks in your house, it's a good time to check and maybe replace the battery in your smoke detector(s). Hey, it's a couple of bucks; it might just save your life. And if for whatever reason you don't have a smoke detection, PLEASE, put one in.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know . . . I haven't done that in 14 years :eek:

Maybe that's not such a bad idea . . .

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to SLAP you!

:scared:

I have no excuses - I think about it now and then, but don't DO it. Then I tsk tsk people on the news who stand there being interviewed next to the burned-out husk of their house and say they didn't have a working detector.

I shall do it tomorrow - I swear.

ETA: now that I've said that - I'd better do it tonight! I'd hate my famous last words to be "I shall do it tomorrow".