PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal/Ghost

Ameasha
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey everyone Ameasha here. It's been a long while since I've been here. Mainly because I had no computer for a while and I've been writing like crazy on my fantasy novel The Calling. It will have 37 chapters with each chapter having between 2000 to 3000 words. I'm on the 30th chapter now but, being a Pagan witch and writing what I dream, which has been the way I've been writing my novel, I had this overpowering complusion to write a fiction about the paranormal/ghost genre. Is there anywhere here at AW that has that genre? I would be interested in any experiences or expertise that someone might have and would like to share. Wow!!! Do I have some catching up to do.

Ameasha

Shadow_Ferret
03-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Paranormal/Ghost would probably fall under the genres of either Paranormal romance or urban fantasy, depending on the scope of the material. Urban fantasy would be discussed in the Sci-fi/Fantasy area. Not sure where paranormal romance might be discussed. maybe romance, but I don't go in there.

Or either could also fall into the horror category depending again on the scope of the material.

But then again, we have a whole pagan area and they might discuss things like this also.

Hope I didn't confuse you, because I sure as heck confused myself.

Cassiopeia
03-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Hey everyone Ameasha here. It's been a long while since I've been here. Mainly because I had no computer for a while and I've been writing like crazy on my fantasy novel The Calling. It will have 37 chapters with each chapter having between 2000 to 3000 words. I'm on the 30th chapter now but, being a Pagan witch and writing what I dream, which has been the way I've been writing my novel, I had this overpowering complusion to write a fiction about the paranormal/ghost genre. Is there anywhere here at AW that has that genre? I would be interested in any experiences or expertise that someone might have and would like to share. Wow!!! Do I have some catching up to do.

Ameasha
If this is your first novel you will also want to participate in other parts of the forum. If you are brave enough to post a page or two in the share your work part of the forum you can get help with style, form, plot etc. You will want to find out what is recommended for word count on the first book from any author but specific to your genre.

Sounds like you have quite the story line going. I look forward to hearing more about it :)

Writer2011
04-06-2007, 07:36 AM
I too would post a page or two but only if you feel comfortable doing so... Good luck with your story :)

Gillhoughly
04-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Your genre is over in the romance section, with some bleed-through in S.F. Fantasy. You can post sample chapters in the "Share your work" thread for either, just label it paranormal or urban fantasy.

Cathy C
04-14-2007, 06:17 PM
I have a friend who writes paranormal mystery for Berkley Prime Crime (the heroine is a witch). She's shelved in mystery, rather than SF/Fantasy, so there's definitely a market. But yes, as far as here at AW, feel free to post in either the Romance or SF/Fantasy section. Too many genres make things confusing for critiquers. Good luck with it! :)

truelyana
04-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Paranormal/Ghost is more likely to fall under 'Energy Fields'