Anyone fluent in Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I am sadly less than fluent. But, I am (gasp) using a few fragments of Japanese in my series anyway. I've been struggling to learn the language... bought all sorts of books and audio courses, but just haven't had the time to devote myself to learning as completely as I should. This summer, I'm gonna do it, oh yes!

If only I could give myself some immersion therapy. I'd love to visit Japan. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen before I finish editing this first novel for my publisher.

So -- would any fluent Japanese speaking person be willing to help me make sure I'm not making big ol' flubs in my usage (which, no doubt, I probably am)? If you would be so kind as to check over approximately a page of words and phrases I'd like to use, and tell me whether my translations mean what I want them to mean, I'd be very very happy.

So happy, I will give you a copy of my (e)book. Yeah, I know, thanks a lot, why would I want your crappy book...

How about eternal gratitude? I can give you that!

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help. You can post here or PM me if you're willing. :D

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the link, askeladd!

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rusty, but still reasonably good.

どうぞ。。。

swvaughn